After one of the most controversial Fortnite weeks in recent memory, a new patch has finally arrived.
The controversy is over Epic’s removal of the health and resource gain on eliminations. While many hoped this feature would return in this patch, there isn’t even a mention of it in the notes. While some players likely closed the patch notes the instant they realized the word “revert” was nowhere to be found, there are a few interesting changes in this content update, including a new weapon.
This new weapon, called the Boom Bow, is a bow that fires exploding arrows. The arrows are tipped with shotgun shells, that’s the type of ammo it uses, and they deal damage on impact if they hit a target, as well as a small explosion after they land.
For a full look at everything that changed in this week’s content update you can see the notes below.
Weapons and Items
- Fires Arrows with a Shotgun Shell tip, which explode on impact.
- Uses Shotgun Ammo
- The longer you hold the fire keybind down, the faster the shot will go!
Explosive damage is consistent regardless of the power of the shot.
The Boom Bow will achieve maximum power after 1.6 seconds of charging.
- A direct hit will cause both the direct hit damage and the explosion damage to the enemy player it impacts.
- Direct hit
Base damage scales from 18 (minimum) to 54 (maximum)
Headshot Multiplier: 4x
54 base damage
Limited Time Mode: Sniper Shootout
- In this limited time mode, players will do battle using sniper rifles.
- May the best aim win!
- Only weapon drops are Sniper Rifles.
- Floor Loot spawners reduced by 50%
- Reviving “Down But Not Out” teammates in Duos & Squads is deactivated - be careful peeking!
- Fixed an issue that caused players to be unable to queue for Duos when the party leader was in a lower division.
- Fixed an issue which caused players to not be promoted to the next division while playing in Duos with a player in a higher division.
Note: Hype was still being earned correctly, this was a visual issue only.
- Fixed an issue where players in Duos were charged Bus Fare based on the party leaders division, rather than their own.