Dota Auto Chess’ popularity has been steadily growing over the past few months, with over 8 million subscribers on Steam Workshop. A new patch dropped on Monday, introducing familiar Dota 2 characters Io and Dazzle. Here is everything you need to know about Auto Chess’ latest patch, as well as a complete list of changes.
Dazzle: The first Priest chess piece
Dazzle is a Troll Priest in Auto Chess. Previously, there were only four Trolls in the game, meaning you’d need all of them to get a powerful attack speed bonus for all your units. Dazzle makes getting that bonus much easier.
The Priest bonus is unique to Dazzle, and shields your Courier for 20% damage when he’s on the field. His ability is Shallow Grave, which prevents an allied chess piece from dying for four seconds. Dazzle can cast this ability on multiple units if he’s at a higher level.
Io: The wild card
Io is a new Legendary unit. It has no class, and one of the most powerful abilities in the game. Io acts as a wild card in Auto Chess. If paired with two of the same unit, Io will act as the third.
Unlike other Legendary units, there is a small chance for Io to appear at any Courier level. It also doesn’t factor into the chess pool, meaning there are theoretically infinite Ios for lucky players to pick up.
Reworked Knight’s Divine Protection
Divine Protection now needs three Knights to start working. With three Knights on the field, all allied Knights have a 40% chance to activate a protective shield. With six Knights on the field, all allied units have a chance to activate Divine Protection. This makes Knights less powerful in the early game, while increasing the reward for players who manage a six-Knight composition.
Scouting is much easier
Scouting enemy teams is now easier. Instead of having to physically move your mouse around the arenas, you can pull the scoreboard out from the side of the UI. The extended scoreboard details all enemy player units, their chess levels, their racial and class bonuses, their current gold level, their win/loss ratio, and how much damage they’ve dealt to other players.
This is especially helpful as more players lose, so you can start crafting your team to beat specific players.
The full list of changes can be found below.
Complete list of changes
- New Season: Claim you reward for S0: Mystery now in the game! The higher the ranking achieved, the better the reward will be. April 30 will be an off-season day, games played on the day will not contribute to your ranking, and all players will play as unranked. New season begins on May 1.
- UI updates: Added new post-game panel and loading screens. During the game you can expand the droplist on the right-hand side player info panel, to view the current team make-up and synergies of other players.
- New pieces added: Dazzle ($3, Troll Priest), Io ($5, Elf with NO CLASS)
- Reworked Blade Mail: +5 Armor, +10 Attack damage. Active: Damage Return — Duplicates 100% of received damage as pure damage back to the attacking unit. Lasts 4 sec.
- Reworked Knights’ Divine Protection: (3) Knights: All friedly knights have 40% chance to proc a damage-reducing shield. (6) Knights: All allies have 35%% chance to proc a damage-reducing shield.
- Increased Assassin Pieces’ initiation delay from 0.5 sec to 0.75 sec.
- Increased Enigma’s Midnight Pulse percentage HP damage from 5%/7%/9% to 6%/9%/12%.
- Decreased Medusa’s Stone Gaze side angle from 85 to 60 degrees.
- Increased Terrorblade’s base HP by 50.
- Increased Venomancer’s base HP by 100.
- Decreased Chaos Knight’s base HP by 50.
- Decreased Mask of Madness bonus attack speed from 40 to 30.
- Decreased Assault Cuirass attack speed bonus and reduction from +15/-15 to +10/-10.
- Increased Robe of the Magi magic resistance reduction from 20% to 30%.
- Updated early end mechanism: Top 3 ranked players in a game now have 2 votes when proposing ending the game. The game terminates on 4 total votes.
- Fixed some bugs and tweaked some visual effects.
- Reworked Ogre’s Two Heads: Instead of +10% max HP for allied Ogres, Two Heads now grant +5% max HP for all allies.
- Temporarily removed Lich from the piece pool, and will return later after rework.