Apex Legends’ latest patch is here, but it came with a few issues. The update released on Wednesday, version 1.1, was supposed to introduce a few quality-of-life changes to the game and a few outstanding bugs. Instead, it reset some players’ account progress entirely.
After early reports of this bug, Apex Legends’ official Twitter account noted that it was a known issue, but developer Respawn Entertainment took no further action at the time. As more reports of the bug surfaced, Respawn said at 1:40 p.m. ET that it had begun to shut down some of the game’s servers in order to perform maintenance and try to fix the issue.
In the meantime, Respawn has recommended that players who are still in-game refrain from buying or crafting any cosmetic items in hopes of avoiding the bug. There’s no word yet if the developer will be able to roll back accounts and restore lost progress, but Respawn said that it will update players when it has found a solution to the bug.
The patch itself is relatively small and contained a few minor bug fixes as well as some behind-the-scenes anti-cheating measures. The biggest feature of the patch is the addition of an option that allows you to party up with the squad you just played with. This feature serves as a way to let players queue back up with strangers they’ve met in-game.
For a full look at all the changes that came with this patch — or if you’re looking for something to read while the servers are down — here are the full notes for Apex Legends patch 1.1.
Update: According to a tweet from Respawn Entertainment, the issues with account progress have been resolved. All accounts that were reset should be back to the level they were at before the release of patch 1.1.
Quality of Life
- Added the ability to party up with the last squad you played with. After the match you will see buttons in the lobby that display the last two people you played with and can invite them to your squad.
You can choose to allow invites or opt out in the Friends menu.
- Additional behind-the-scenes improvements for squashing cheaters.
- Added Mute button during the intro and Legend selection.
- When using the Report Player button for PC, you now have the option of selecting Cheat or Other.
Made small improvements to the UI for customizing Legends.
- Added option to turn off lighting on compatible hardware [for example, Razer Chroma devices] in the Mouse/Keyboard settings.
- Added informative messages that appear on PC for crashes due to:
Running out of memory.
CPU errors best explained by overclocking/overheating.
- Added better collision to the turrets on Supply Ships.
- Stability fixes to all platforms.
- Fixed issue where the Battle Pass rewards page would not have a default item selected, resulting in a mostly blank page.
- Fixed bug for PS4 and X1 where sometimes attempting to use a keyboard to chat could cause a fatal script error.
- Fixed bug with Banner Cards not showing up during and at the end of a match.
JUMP PAD PHASE WALK INTERACTIONS
- Octane’s Jump Pad no longer affects players when using Into the Void ability.