Nintendo is adding another massive collection of new games to the eShop over the next week. The selection runs the gamut from addictive puzzle games to retro action-platformers to high-concept narrative adventures.
First up is Shakedown: Hawaii, which will arrive on the Nintendo eShop for Switch on May 7. The successor to Retro City Rampage, the action takes place three decades after the original. In our early hands-on time with the game, Polygon called it “mesmerizing.” You can watch about a half-hour of gameplay on our YouTube channel.
Puyo Puyo Champions also arrives on May 7. The competitive puzzle game looks to be in fine form. Announced as Puyo Puyo eSports in Japan last September, Champions features the same ruleset as Puyo Puyo 2 and Puyo Puyo Fever. It includes an eight-player tournament mode and local multiplayer battles. The game will also arrive the same day on PlayStation 4, Windows PC via Steam, and Xbox One.
Here’s the rest of the titles going up on the Nintendo Switch eShop through May 8:
- Arcade Archives Psycho Soldier
- Attack on Titan 2 — demo version
- Bird Game + — May 3
- Black Paradox — May 3
- Car Mechanic Manager — May 7
- Defend Your Castle
- Duck Game
- European Conqueror X — May 7
- Giga Wrecker Alt.
- Gyro Boss DX — May 3
- Hellmut: The Badass from Hell — May 3
- Impossible Mission
- Isoland 2 — Ashes of Time
- James Pond Codename Robocod
- Meow Motors — May 8
- Panty Party
- Preventive Strike — May 3
- Rollin’ Eggz
- Shadows of Adam — May 3
- Strike Suit Zero: Director’s Cut
- Super Star Blast
- The Little Acre
- The Swords of Ditto: Mormo’s Curse
- VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action
- Venture Kid
- Xtreme Club Racing — May 3