Destiny 2’s final patch before the Season of Opulence is live. Patch 2.2.2. doesn’t add any new content to the game, but it will make playing Destiny 2’s multiplayer a lot more enjoyable. Bungie finally nerfed Spectral Blades, the new Hunter Super from Forsaken. The bug preventing progress in Xur’s Invitation of the Nine questline is also gone.
Here is a complete list of the things you need to know about today’s Destiny 2 patch. For a complete list of changes, scroll down.
Spectral Blades isn’t as powerful
Spectral Blades has been tearing it up in the Crucible for months now. This patch tones the Super down, but likely won’t remove it from relevance completely. Hunters in the Super will take more damage when running around — both in and out of stealth. The light melee attack takes 50% more energy to use.
Bungie is being conservative with these changes. Players will need a few days to tell if it was enough to make a difference. But the increase to energy will make it harder for players to keep the Super up for long periods of time.
Arbalest just got harder to find
Eva Levante was giving out the new Arbalest Exotic during Destiny 2’s Revelry event. Patch 2.2.2. marks the end of the Spring holiday, and Eva Levante has retreated until Solstice of Heroes later this Summer. With Eva gone, Arbalest has entered the general Exotic loot pool, meaning players will have to get lucky and find it in the wild like most other Exotics.
But Patch 2.2.2. introduces a new bug for Arbalest. Without the Annual Pass, players won’t be able to find Arbalest in the loot pool or pull it from their Collections. Bungie intends Arbalest to be a free Exotic for all players, and will fix this issue at a later date. For now, don’t delete your Arbalest if you grabbed one from Eva.
‘Invitation of the Nine’ is fixed
Since April 26, the “Invitation of the Nine” quest has been bugged: Players haven’t been able to complete it. Patch 2.2.2. fixes the problem, and the Tower step is ready for players to tackle. Players who want to keep on track only have a few days to complete The Tower before Xur returns again on May 10.
Complete list of patch notes
- Spectral Blades
- Out-of-stealth damage reduction decreased from 60% to 52%
- In-stealth damage reduction decreased from 62% to 54.4%
- Super duration out of stealth with no attacking decreased from 17.5 to 14.5 seconds
- Super duration in stealth with no attacking decreased from 26.6 to 23.5 seconds
- Light melee cost increased by 50%
- Fixed an issue in which Combination Blow was unintentionally magnifying damage of the Arc Staff Super
- Fixed an issue where Warlocks were unable to Blink after going through a teleportation portal
- Fixed an issue where Chaos Reach would not deal damage to enemies affected by other status effects (such as Thorn’s Soul Devourer or Hunter Tethers)
Weapons and Armor
- Fixed an issue where Actium War Rig would prevent Auto Rifles with the Grave Robber perk from being able to generate Masterwork orbs
- Fixed an issue where Vestian Dynasty could not be Masterworked
- The Wizened Rebuke can now drop with random rolls from Iron Banner engrams and Match Rewards once the associated Triumph has been completed
- Removing Sentry armor with Umbral Strike stacks active will no longer give a permanent damage buff against Taken (note that while the buff string does not clean up, the damage modifier properly clears when removing the armor; the string cleanup will be fixed in a later patch)
- Fixed an issue where Dreaming City lore was not being awarded when completing an Ascendant Challenge
- Fixed an issue where the “Collect Vex Samples” objective of the Xûr bounty “The Tower” could not be completed in the Warden of Nothing strike
- Fixed an issue with the Gambit Prime bounty “Sentries Hold the Line” where all boss enemies were unintentionally contributing toward bounty progress
- The bounty has been re-balanced to award significantly more bounty progress for Blocker and Primeval kills
- Lowered the Verdant Light: Competitive Triumph to require only 20 Revelry Orbs
- Players who earned 20 orbs during the Revelry event will have their Triumph completed retroactively
- If players completed all other Triumphs, the “Party Harder” Triumph will also be completed and grant the emblem reward
- Fixed an issue where Massacre and Locksmith medals were not appearing in Gambit Prime
- Fixed an issue where the Iron Ruby shader was not dropping
- This shader now drops when dismantling Iron Banner gear
- Fixed an issue where Legendary Eververse Ghost Shells were dropping with only Mercury perks
- Fixed an issue where the “Good Doggo” emote was dropping from unintended sources