A day after officially announcing the theatrical “re-release” of Avengers: Endgame, which will now play with a post-credit deleted scene and new intro from director Anthony Russo, Disney has announced the official home video rollout of the Marvel Cinematic Universe epic.
Avengers: Endgame will be available digitally in HD and 4K HD, as well as on Disney’s Movies Anywhere platform, beginning on July 30. The movie will arrive on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, DVD, and various on-demand platforms beginning Aug. 13.
No, Endgame is not coming to Netflix. But with Captain Marvel set to premiere on the new Disney Plus platform launching in November, it’s only a matter of time before the end of the “Infinity Saga” takes its place among the easily accessible streaming stars.
Endgame’s home video release comes with the kind of extras you’d expect from a three-hour superhero movie co-starring every Marvel hero under the sun. As detailed in Disney’s press release, the full set of extras include:
- “Remembering Stan Lee” – Filmmakers and cast honor the great Stan Lee in a fond look back at his MCU movie cameos.
- “Setting The Tone: Casting Robert Downey Jr.” – Hear the tale of how Robert Downey Jr. was cast as Tony Stark in the original Iron Man — and launched the MCU.
- “A Man Out of Time: Creating Captain America” – Trace the evolution of Captain America with those who helped shape the look, feel and character of this compelling hero.
- “Black Widow: Whatever It Takes” – Follow Black Widow’s journey both within and outside the Avengers, including the challenges she faced and overcame along the way.
- “The Russo Brothers: Journey to Endgame” – See how Anthony and Joe Russo met the challenge of helming two of the biggest films in cinematic history ... back-to-back!
- “The Women of the MCU” – MCU women share what it was like to join forces for the first time in an epic battle scene — and be part of such a historic ensemble.
- “Bro Thor” – His appearance has changed but his heroism remains! Go behind the scenes to see how Bro Thor was created.
- “Six Deleted Scenes” – “Goji Berries,” “Bombs on Board,” “Suckiest Army in the Galaxy,” “You Used to Frickin’ Live Here,” “Tony and Howard” and “Avengers Take a Knee.”
- “Gag Reel” – Laugh along with the cast in this epic collection of flubs, goofs and gaffes from set.
- “Visionary Intro” - Intro by directors Joe and Anthony Russo.
- Audio commentary by directors Anthony and Joe Russo, and writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.
The digital release also includes one additional extra, “Steve and Peggy: One Last Dance,” which explores “Captain America and Peggy Carter’s bond, forged in moments from previous films that lead to a momentous choice in Avengers: Endgame.”