It’s a new decade and Apex Legends is celebrating the start of the 20s with a new event. It’s called the Grand Soirée Arcade, a giant party hosted by Pathfinder. The event will bring seven new modes, prizes, and skins to the game.
The Grand Soirée’s main feature is its Limited-Time Mode Arcade. The arcade will feature a new game mode every two days. Respawn has already shown us what the modes will be along with a brief — if occasionally unhelpful — description of each mode:
- Gold Rush Duos: Gold weapons only, with you and a friend
- LIVE.DIE.LIVE: Automatically respawn on living squad mates every time The Ring closes
- Third-Person Mode: A classic out-of-body experience
- Always Be Closing: Keep on the move, avoiding big damage from a ring that won’t slow down
- Armed and Dangerous on World’s Edge: Shotguns and sniper rifles with limited armor
- Kings Canyon After Dark: Play on Kings Canyon at night
- DUMMIE’s Big Day: This game ain’t gonna test itself
While some of these modes have been in the game before, a few of them are brand new for the Soirée. As you play each one, you’ll earn progress toward the Grand Soirée suite, which includes new weapon skins, as well as a Mirage skin.
As for the event’s other cosmetics, there will be plenty for the game’s other Legends. The trailer shows off skins for Octane, Bangalore, Caustic, Wattson, Crypto, and of course, Pathfinder himself. These skins will rotate through the Apex Legends direct shop, where you can purchase exactly the item you want, as well as be added to the core loot pool so you can unlock them randomly through Apex Packs.
The Grand Soirée will begin on Jan. 14 and continue until Jan. 28.