The biggest change in Call of Duty: Warzone’s newest patch is the addition of a brand new shotgun to the game. It also includes a few balance updates and a nice quality-of-life improvement for PC players as well.
The new shotgun is called the JAK-12, and it should be recognizable to Call of Duty veterans as very similar to the AA-12. It’s an automatic shotgun that can throw out tons of damage very quickly. Players will have to unlock the JAK-12 before they can use it, but that’s fairly simple. All you need to do is get three hipfire kills using shotguns in seven different matches, and the JAK-12 will be yours.
PC players who own Call of Duty: Modern Warfare can finally select which specific modes they want to have installed on their computer at any given time. Players previously had to have Warzone, Spec Ops, Multiplayer, and Campaign all installed at the same time, which ballooned the game’s file size to well over 200 GB. Now PC players can uninstall any mode except Warzone, which could free up nearly 130 GBs.
As for actual in-game changes, most of this patch’s updates are limited to bug fixes. However there are two balance changes as well. The first is a buff to the minimum damage at range that the Kar98 can do. The other is a nerf to the minimum range damage of the SP-R 208, the new season 6 sniper that’s proven very difficult for Infinity Ward to balance so far.
For a full look at all the changes coming to Call of Duty: Warzone and Modern Warfare in this patch, you can check out the official patch notes.
Call of Duty: Warzone and Modern Warfare Oct. 13 patch notes
- Ground War
- Deathmatch Domination + Drop Zone
- Gun Game TDM
- HQ Firefight - teams can add to their score by capturing the headquarters and also by getting kills
- Removing Blood Money Quads
- Adding Plunder Quads
- Fix for an issue where the “next unlocks” section was showing attachments out of order
- Fixed an issue where teammates could spawn inside a closed off room on Broadcast
- Fix for a bug where viewing the “Nevermore” execution in the menu could sometimes cause the animal model to get stuck
- Fixed a bug where grenades could fall through the floor in the Foreman’s Office while on Mialstor Tank Factory
- Fixed a lighting issue with the “Gilded Arm” variant from the Season Six Battle Pass
- Fix for an issue where players could experience a crash after reaching wave 45 or higher in Survival mode
- Improved stability for PC
- Increased minimum damage at range on the Kar98 in Warzone
- Reduced minimum damage at range on the SP-R 208 in Warzone
- Fixes to help improve volume levels with War Tracks slider
- Fixes to help prevent players from dying while completing the Subway puzzle
- Fix for a bug where players might not be able to access Bunker 11
- Fixed a gas mask bug when players attempt to complete the Station puzzle
- Fix for a bug where using a self-revive near the doors on the subway train, they will clip out of the train but still be transferred to the next station
- Fix for a collision bug near the entrance of the underground road on the West side of the airport
- If a player dies post doors closing of the subway car, they will be pulled out of gulag by the fast travel system and then pulled back into gulag for a match once it is their turn. This has been fixed
- Fix for an issue where the player’s view could be forcibly moved when exiting a vehicle or parachuting
- Fixed a bug where players could experience a crash after engaging with a Bounty contract
Uninstalling content from the PC version
New in this update, PC players can now select which content they’d like installed on their machines. Instructions on how to install specific content below!
Before removing installed content, be sure your Call of Duty: Modern Warfare game is not running, and the game is not updating.
- Open the Battle.net Launcher.
- Select Call of Duty: Modern Warfare from the panel on the left.
- Select the Options menu on the upper lefthand portion of the Battle.net Launcher.
- Select Modify Install to open the installation popup.
- Under Game Content, select Modify Install.
- Uncheck the content you wish to uninstall. (Warzone cannot be uninstalled.)
- Special Ops
7. Select Confirm.
8. Select Start Install.
It is not possible to modify the installed content while updating. If your game is not up to date before you modify your content selection, the size estimates will not be accurate.
Are you on console and want to free up space on your hard drive? Click HERE.