Players who pre-ordered Cyberpunk 2077 and sat down to play on launch day, especially on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, had a pretty rough time of it. Even with the “day-zero” optimizations that it came with, there were a litany of bugs and performance issues when the game went live. On Friday afternoon, developer CD Projekt Red announced that it has begun rolling out the game’s first post-launch patch.
“New hotfix to #Cyberpunk2077 is now live on PlayStation consoles and PC,” the team at CD Projekt Red said in a tweet. “For Xbox systems, we are working to have the update out as soon as possible.” To make sure you’ve got it installed, keep an eye out for hotfix 1.04.
Friday’s patch arrives one day after Cyberpunk 2077’s release. It addresses a bunch of issues with certain quests. It also includes a fix for the “Disable Copyrighted Music” toggle — also known as the game’s streamer mode. Now it should actually do what it was designed to do, which is to help keep content creators from having copyright strikes leveled at them.
The patch also alters the flashing light effect in the game’s “braindances.” At least one reviewer suffered an epileptic seizure while playing the game before launch, leading the Polish studio to patch in a formal epilepsy warning. Now the sequence should be less likely to trigger those seizures in the first place.
In addition, vehicles should now pop in less frequently, and important nonplayer characters (NPCs) should see more consistent and appropriate animations during scripted sequences. CD Projekt also included several console-specific tweaks in the hotfix, such as improved reflections on PS4.
At this time, though, there’s no fix listed for the issue of the protagonist’s penises and breasts clipping through clothing.
We’ve included the full list of changes below.
[Warning: The patch notes below spoil the name of some quests in Cyberpunk 2077.]
- Fixed an issue with completing the final objective in Gig: Freedom of the Press.
- Fixed an issue with starting conversation with Johnny at the end in Life During Wartime.
- Corrected a rare issue with NPCs no longer calling V if A Like Supreme quest was abandoned mid-way.
- Fixed an issue with Nix not going into his default state in Spellbound and KOLD MIRAGE.
- Fixed issues blocking progress in I Fought The Law if the quest area is left.
- Fixed inability to find Delamain in Epistrophy.
- Fixed issues related to remaining in the second phase of the quest after finishing Pacifica fight with Ozob if played after Finals.
- Fixed an issue with Nomads no longer present if V leaves the quest area mid-combat in With a Little Help from My Friends/Queen of the Highway.
- Adjusted mappings and re-enabled quest tracker in M’ap Tann Pèlen/I Walk the Line/Transmission.
- Fixed constraints on freedom to get up and sit down if neither blueline condition is met in Violence.
- Fixed issues with time and space resulting from leaving the quest area or abandoning the quest in Following the River.
- Fixed an issue with conversation with Johnny not starting after leaving the hotel in Tapeworm.
- Fixed an issue with quest being blocked upon leaving the quest area before climbing the hill in Following the River.
- Fixed the objective “Go into booth 9” not completing if the room’s entered too fast in Automatic Love.
- Fixed Jackie’s issues with sitting still in The Ripperdoc.
- Other quest fixes
- Fixed the preview in weapon crafting.
- Reduced vehicle appearance pop-in.
- Speeded up switching first person perspective to third person perspective in a vehicle.
- Fixed issues with animations missing from important quest NPCs during cinematics.
Performance & Stability
- Improved stability, including various crash fixes.
- Modified the flashing effect on braindances to reduce the risk of inducing epileptic symptoms. The effect has been smoothed out and the flashes reduced in frequency and magnitude.
- Removed copyrighted songs incorrectly present in the game with “Disable Copyrighted Music” feature toggled on.
- Switching language to default in the in-game settings now correctly sets it to the language of your Steam client.
- Improved reflections quality on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 to eliminate the smudge effect.
- Fixed “The Wasteland” achievement being stuck on 97% after completing all relevant missions in The Badlands on Xbox.
- Fixed an issue with missing PT-BR VO for Xbox players in Americas.