Fallout 76’s big Wastelanders update will be released on April 7 for PlayStation 4, Windows PC, and Xbox One, Bethesda Softworks confirmed on Tuesday. The free update to the online role-playing game will offer players an all-new main story quest, a revamped version of the game’s original quest, as well as human non-player characters to interact with.
Bethesda will also bring Fallout 76 to Steam for the first time. Previously, the Windows PC version of the game was exclusive to the publisher’s own Bethesda.net launcher. If you’re thinking of making the switch between the Bethesda.net version and Steam, there’s an important caveat from Bethesda:
If you already have Fallout 76 on Bethesda.net, you will not be able to transfer your Atoms or Fallout 1st membership balance between Bethesda.net and Steam. Additionally, Atoms you earn are specific to one or the other platform. However, items you have purchased through the Atomic Shop will be shared across both platforms – Bethesda.net and Steam.
While Wastelanders is a free update, Bethesda is selling two faction-themed content bundles (and a two-pack with both) featuring cosmetic and CAMP items. These are:
Raider Content Bundle
- Mine Car Planter – A small planter for your crops when no dirt is available (buildable in your C.A.M.P.)
- Raider C.A.M.P. – Change the look of your Vault-Tec C.A.M.P. deployable to give it a Raider edge
- Raider Stash Box – Raider-themed Stash box for your C.A.M.P.
- Raider Faction Flag – New flag for your C.A.M.P. that show off your allegiance to Crater
- Raider Pathfinder Outfit – Look like another resident of Crater with this outfit (includes mask and bandana)
- Raider Conquest Loot Bag – Raider-style Loot bag, complete with skull
- Raider Pillager Backpack – A Raider-style backpack
- Raider Marauder Power Armor Skin – Unique appearance for your Power Armor based on the Crater Raiders
Settler Content Bundle
- Garden Truckbed Trailer – A small planter for your crops when no dirt is available (buildable in your C.A.M.P.)
- Settler C.A.M.P. – Change the look of your Vault-Tec C.A.M.P. deployable to give it a Settler appearance
- Settler Stash Box – Settler-themed Stash box for your C.A.M.P.
- Settler Faction Flag – New flag for your C.A.M.P. that show off your allegiance to Foundation
- Settler Mechanic Outfit – Look like another resident of Foundation with this outfit (includes hat)
- Settler Traveler Loot Bag – Settler-style Loot bag that looks like a travel case
- Settler Relief Backpack – A Settler-style backpack
- Settler Vigilante Power Armor Skin – Unique appearance based on the Foundation Settlers
In addition to the above content, the Wastelanders update will also include new mutant creatures to battle, new weapons and armor to earn, and a new reputation system in which dialogue choices with NPCs will affect your standing with factions.