Call of Duty Mobile, which launched for Android and iOS back in October, is losing its Zombies mode. The developers straight-up said it wasn’t good enough to be included further.
“We had always mentioned it was limited, but with no explicit end-date,” says a community update published at the beginning of the week. “However, the mode just didn’t reach the level of quality that we desire.”
Zombies mode is leaving March 25. It had been hinted at since Call of Duty Mobile launched in the fall, and joined the game in the November update. But apparently it struggled to appeal to the player base. A second map, called Nacht Der Untoten, also won’t make the global launch of the game’s next update.
Both may return “once we can make sure it is high enough quality, but for now we’ll focus on development for Multiplayer, Battle Royale, and Ranked Mode,” developers wrote.
In other news, Call of Duty Mobile is kicking off a new season with the beginning of March. With the new battle pass, players can earn a new character, Soap, from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. The game also gets a new close-quarters combat map called Cage, and Hardpoint has been upgraded from a temporary feature to a permanent one.
Our review of Call of Duty Mobile called it “a free-to-play greatest hits package” bringing maps from the Modern Warfare and Black Ops lines to the small screen. “This is a game designed for shorter sessions,” our review noted, although the touch controls were not optimal. Controller support arrived with a title update in November, however.