Raze is all about explosions and that makes her one of Valorant’s most dangerous characters to go up against. With her rocket launcher Ultimate ability, her grenades and her satchel charges, she’s always got a way to blow up whatever’s in her path. She even brings along a little robot helper that’s basically a bomb on wheels.
Here are all of Raze’s abilities and the best ways to use them.
Ability: Boom Bot
Equip a Boom Bot. Fire will deploy the bot, causing it to travel in a straight line on the ground, bouncing off walls. The Boom Bot will lock on to any enemies in its frontal cone and chase them, exploding for heavy damage if it reaches them.
- This little robot travels in a straight line, but if you angle it right, it can enter rooms and check them for enemies.
- After you throw your Boom Bot listen for enemy shots that way if they destroy it before it explodes you’ll still know they’re there.
Ability: Blast Pack
Instantly throw a Blast Pack that will stick to surfaces. Re-Use the ability after deployment to detonate, damaging and moving anything hit.
- Raze can use these to give herself a boost. If you throw one at your feet and jump it can propel you into the air and on top of boxes. When they explode they don’t hurt Raze.
- Blast Packs can be a great way to check corners or rooms you aren’t in yet. Throw one in and detonate it quickly, while it won’t kill a full health player, it should be enough to scare them into moving.
Signature Ability: Paint Shells
Equip a cluster grenade. Fire to throw the grenade, which does damage and creates sub-munitions, each doing damage to anyone in their range.
- This grenade can kill players who don’t have armor, so getting one into a small room with several enemies can be a great way to pick up wins early in a match when the enemy team doesn’t have much money.
- These grenades can hurt both Raze and her allies, so be careful where you use them.
- Paint Shells can blow up in mid-air raining the smaller sub-grenades down on the heads of anyone underneath. This can be an excellent way to soften up a bomb site before you and your team rush in.
Ultimate Ability: Showstopper
Equip a rocket launcher. Fire shoots a rocket that does massive area damage on contact with anything.
- The Showstopper has a pretty long equip time, so activate it well before you need to use it.
- The Showstopper can hurt Raze if she’s hit by the explosion.
- Unlike other ultimates in Valorant, the Showstopper can only remain active for a limited amount of time, you’ll see a time at the bottom of the screen when you activate the ability, but you’ll need to use it quickly.
- When fired, the Showstopper flings Raze backwards, which you can use for some creative mid-air movement if you’re feeling bold.
Vox Media has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Vox Media may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links. For more information, see our ethics policy.