Breach is one of the best Agents in Valorant when it comes to shutting down a small area. He thrives in corridors and hallways, where his abilities like Fault Lines and Rolling Thunder can shut down the entire area. He’s also excellent at retaking sites, or entering new areas thanks to his Aftershock, and Flashpoint abilities. But because these abilities have to be used through walls, he also takes a lot of map knowledge to fully utilize.
Here are all of Breach’s abilities along with a few tips on how to use them best.
Equip a Fusion Charge. Fire the charge to set a slow-activating burst through a wall. The bust does heavy damage to anyone caught in the area.
- This ability can do an incredible amount of damage and can shut down small choke points. If you’re approaching a small room and you think there might be a player inside fire this off at an angle that will hit most of the room.
- This ability can only be used through walls.
Equip a blinding charge. Fire the charge to set a fast-acting burst through a wall. The charge detonates to blind all players looking at it.
- This is a flashbang that can only be used through walls. Anytime you’re playing Breach, especially on Attack or when you’re going to take a site, you should always set up plays with a wall in mind to shoot this ability through.
- This can blind teammates, so be very careful where you throw it.
Signature Ability: Fault Lines
Equip a seismic blast. Hold Fire to increase the distance. Release to set off the quake, dazing all players in its zone in a line up to the zone.
- This ability is great for setting up a fight, if you know where the enemy is thanks to a few errant footsteps, throw this out then let your team rush anyone unfortunate enough to be hit by it.
- Fault Lines is also great if you just want to force a team back. If you’re defending an area alone and hear the enemy rushing, throw this out and they’ll be forced to turn around or at least slow their advance.
Ultimate Ability: Rolling Thunder
Equip a seismic charge. Fire to send a cascading quake through all terrain in a large cone. The quake dazes and knocks up anyone caught in it.
- This ability is similar to Fault Lines except that it is more disorienting to those that get hit by it and will leave them out of commission for longer.
- If you angle this ability correctly it can shut down most of a bomb site in a pinch.
Vox Media has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Vox Media may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links. For more information, see our ethics policy.