It’s been a big couple of weeks for Apex Legends’ Pathfinder. Last week, the grappling hook-wielding robot got a fantastic animated short about his origin story, and this week he’s getting his very own in-game event. The new event is called Fight Night, and it’s bringing a few boxing-themed twists to regular matches of Apex Legends.
The biggest change in the Fight Night event will be the new limited-time mode called Airdrop Escalation. This new mode will be what developer Respawn Entertainment is calling a “Takeover” mode, which means that it will replace the regular “Play Apex” mode for a limited time. For the most part Airdrop Escalation will be just like regular battle royale, except that it’s going to include a lot more airdrops, all with fully kitted weapons.
Each match of Airdrop Escalation will start with a few airdrops spread around the map, and each round, several more will be dropped from orbit onto the battlefield. Each of these will come with high-quality loot and weapons with all their attachments.
As for the more Pathfinder-specific parts of the event, there’s also Pathfinder’s Town Takeover where players can enter a combat ring to take each other on in hand-to-hand combat. Inside the ring, which is called Ring on the map, players will only be able to use their fists as weapons, and no one can shoot or throw in grenades to interrupt the melee. Whoever survives can pick up some extra loot and leave the ring with their spoils.
Finally, the Fight Night event also includes a few balance updates for Apex Legends, including a buff for both Rampart and Caustic. There’s also a nice quality-of-life improvement that allows you to automatically use Ultimate Accelerants without opening your inventory. If your Ultimate is on cooldown, all you have to do now is press the button to activate it and your character will instead use an Ultimate Accelerant.
For a look at all the changes that arrived with this patch, you can find the full notes below.
Apex Legends Fight Night event patch notes
- Amped Cover: Decreased cooldown from 30 seconds to 20 seconds
- Nox Gas Trap: Decreased cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds
- Decreased damage from 22 to 20
- Spread out 3rd/4th pellets to decrease max range of 4 pellet hits (was +/- 7.5 degrees, now +/- 10)
- Reserve bullets increased from 175 to 210
Quality of Life
- Ultimate Accelerants can now be used without opening your inventory. If your ultimate is not currently available, just press the button (or buttons, on a controller) to activate it, and you’ll pull out any stored Accelerant in your inventory and use it automatically.
- When in a lobby, if a party member leaves your lobby for any reason, all party members will be marked as “not ready.” This should stop accidental launches into a match when your buddy dipped out for a second.
- The fabled “Mark All As Seen” button has been added. Click this to remove the pesky (I mean helpful) red dots.
- Pinging the nearest respawn beacon (from spectate) will now always ping the nearest beacon unless you don’t have enough time to use it before the ring closes over it, instead of defaulting to the nearest beacon in the next safe ring.
- We now show you how many treasure packs are needed to acquire the next comic page. This should just make it easier to people who are chasing the new bit of lore to know how far away they are.
- Caustic should now smash the door with his Heirloom hammer instead of his leg, if available.
- We added a small bit of information to the Find Friends box to describe a situation where your friend might not be findable because of their EA account settings.
- Fixed an issue with Bloodhound’s UI disappearing after interacting with Horizon’s Tactical.
- Fixed an issue with Wraith’s Portals getting destroyed by the Trident.
- Fixed an issue with Bangalore’s missile passing through hatch doors when they are closed in Worlds Edge.
- Fixed an issue with Mirage’s decoys not making footstep sounds.
- Fixed an issue with Hack consuming two Vault keys if two keys were in Crypto’s inventory.
- Fixed an issue with Hack getting stuck within the Trident when deployed as a passenger and the trident is on a ramp.
- Fixed an issue causing other players to teleport with Revenant if they punch Revenant when he has very little health.
- Fixed an issue that didn’t allow Revenant to deploy the Death Totem while on the Trident.
- Fixed a lot of windows in World’s Edge that prevented Loba’s bracelet from passing through.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Rampart to place Sheila while in the Phase Runner.
- Fix an issue where UI elements stayed on screen after using Sheila.
- Fixed an issue with Horizon’s abilities not affecting Lifeline’s DOC and Crypto’s drone.