Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart and Spider-Man: Miles Morales both got minor patches on June 30, Insomniac Games revealed on Wednesday. The Miles Morales patch is mostly focused on minor bug fixes and graphical improvements. Rift Apart’s patch is a bit more extensive, and includes several bug fixes and some new photo mode features.
Miles Morales got some ray-tracing reflection improvements in the patch, specifically upping the quality for players using the Performance RT graphics setting. The patch also offers some stability fixes, performance improvements, and solves a specific issue involving motion blur and pedestrians. This patch is only for the PlayStation 5 version of the game.
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart got several new features in its patch, most of which revolve around the game’s photo mode. Players can now decorate their screen with new stickers and backgrounds, allowing for further customization. Armor also has a special toggle during photo mode, which lets fans toggle it on or off without needing to dive into the game’s menu.
Hey All!— Gil Doron (@GilFromUI) June 30, 2021
We added a few things to Photo Mode today! My favorite is the ability to isolate your favorite lombax by adding a solid color background for awesome hero shots!#RatchetPS5 pic.twitter.com/Xe60WIAhVD
Ratchet & Clank photographers can also disable the visual effect for the Phantom Dash — which shows multiple Ratchets or Rivets dashing through space-time — allowing for a cleaner-looking shot. While this is useful for photo mode, fans can also disable the effect during gameplay.
Outside of photo mode, players can now run Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart in a special 120 Hz display mode. This only works on compatible displays, but reduces input lag and increases the frame rate for Fidelity mode to 40 frames per second. Players can further customize their Rift Apart experience by binding the skip cutscene command to the D-pad and disabling various level-up effects.
The rest of the Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart patch consists of bug fixes and additional polish. Scroll down for the complete patch notes for Rift Apart version 1.002 and Spider Man: Miles Morales version 1.10.
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
Here are the official patch notes for Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart patch 1.002.
- Added new stickers
- Added the ability to disable the Phantom Dash VFX
- Added the ability to disable the Phantom Dash VFX in Photo Mode
- Added the ability to toggle armor on or off while in Photo Mode
- Added color backgrounds to Photo Mode
- Added 120 Hz Display Mode, which reduces input latency when using a compatible display. In this mode, the frame rate target for the Fidelity graphics mode increases to 40 frames per second
- Added “Skip Cutscenes” as bindable option for the D-pad
- Added the option to disable the level up message and slowdown
General Fixes and Polish
- Addressed an issue where a Glitch challenge could be played twice resulting in players being unable to complete one later
- Addressed an issue where white cubes could appear in the opening cinematic
- Addressed an issue where POIs could disappear.
- Addressed an issue where characters could appear blurry in Photo Mode when the camera is very close.
- Addressed an issue where the game could freeze during the grind rail tutorial.
- Addressed an issue where killing Grunthors with Trudi would not count towards the Extinction Event Trophy
- Addressed an issue where some Grunthors would not count towards the Extinction Event Trophy
- Addressed an issue where the weapon wheel UI could become stuck on the screen
- Addressed an issue where deployable weapons would stop attack pixelized enemies.
- Addressed an issue where the RYNO would appear to not damage enemies.
- Addressed an issue where the Weapon Vendor text was illegible in Retro Mode.
- Addressed an issue where the camera could become stuck on Blizar
- Addressed an issue where multiple environmental objects would not load on Cordelion
- Addressed an issue where the player could become stuck after completing the Clank puzzle on Sargasso
- Addressed an issue where some Zurpstones would not longer appear on the map if the player leaves the planet.
- Addressed an issue where Rivet would fall forever after respawning on Blizon
- Addressed an issue where Clank lines would play incorrectly while at Zurkies
- Addressed an issue where Goons could T-pose while dying
- Addressed an issue where a section of rail would not spawn after respawning on Blizar
- Addressed an issue where the game would appear very dark if Photo Mode was activated very quickly
- Addressed an issue where some jumps would not be possible if the Glide Toggle was enabled
- Addressed an issue where the player could fall endlessly during the Nefarious fight
- Addressed an issue where changing the Graphics Mode setting while starting a Challenge Mode game would start a normal game instead
- Addressed an issue where glove weapons would appear incorrectly in Photo Mode
- Addressed an issue where certain Photo Mode filters could remove anti-aliasing in the main game
- Improved stability
- Various additional fixes and improvements
Spider-Man: Miles Morales
Here are the official patch notes for Spider-Man: Miles Morales patch 1.10.
General Fixes and Polish
- Global stability fixes and performance improvements
- Improvements to ray-traced reflection quality in the Performance RT graphics mode
- Fix for an issue with motion blur on certain pedestrians