Crunchyroll and Adult Swim revealed the cast for their upcoming anime Blade Runner: Black Lotus on Wednesday, and announced a first-look panel at Comic-Con@Home 2021 later this month.
The announcement about the still-mysterious series includes character descriptions, along with the names of each character’s English- and Japanese-language voice actors. On the English-language side, Game of Thrones and Iron Fist actor Jessica Henwick will play the lead character, a replicant named Elle with a secret past. Meanwhile, the series will also include Brian Cox (Succession), Wes Bentley (The Hunger Games), Stephen Root (Office Space), and many other recognizable names.
Here’s a look at the full cast and character list from Crunchyroll and Adult Swim:
- Elle, a female replicant created for a secret and unknown purpose, will be played by Jessica Henwick / Arisa Shida
- Joseph, a mysterious figure who owns a spare parts junkyard in Los Angeles, will be played by Will Yun Lee / Shinshu Fuji
- Alani Davis, a fresh LAPD recruit, will be played by Samira Wiley / Takako Honda
- Niander Wallace Sr, founder and CEO of the Wallace Corporation, will be played by Brian Cox / Takaya Hashi
- Niander Wallace Jr, brilliant scientist working for his father, will be played by Wes Bentley / Takehito Koyasu
- Marlowe, a deadly Blade Runner, will be played by Josh Duhamel / Taiten Kusunoki
- Josephine Grant, the wife of the police chief, will be played by Peyton List / Yoshiko Sakakibara
- Earl Grant, Police Chief of the LAPD, will be played by Stephen Root / Hochu Otsuka
- Doc Badger, a black market dealer, will be played by Barkhad Abdi / Takayuki Kinba
- Senator Bannister, a politician with strong feelings on replicant production, will be played by Gregg Henry / Masane Tsukayama
- Doctor M, a brilliant doctor and professor of medicine, will be played by Henry Czerny / Akio Nojima
- Hooper, a journalist in the pocket of the Wallace Corporation, will be played by Jason Spisak / Kazuki Yao
The series will run 13 episodes and will be directed by Shinji Aramaki (Appleseed) and Kenji Kamiyama (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex). The series will be animated by Sola Digital Arts (Ultraman 2019) and produced by Alcon Entertainment. Meanwhile, legendary director Shinichiro Watanabe, who has directed series like Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, and Carole & Tuesday, will serve as a creative producer on the series.
Blade Runner: Black Lotus’ Comic-Con panel will be held on Friday, July 23 at 8 p.m. ET. The panel will include a first look at the series as well as a panel that will include both the series’ co-directors, star Jessica Henwick, executive producer Joseph Chou, voice director Wes Gleason, and senior vice-president and creative director for Adult Swim, Jason DeMarco, who will moderate the panel.
Blade Runner: Black Lotus will air on Adult Swim and Crunchyroll sometime later this year.