When Pokémon Go’s Season of Alola event begins on March 1, developer Niantic will add more than 20 new Pokémon to the game. These Pokémon come from the Alolan region of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, and include Rowlet, Popplio, and Litten. Niantic announced the new Season of Alola details in a blog post published Monday, following an announcement on Sunday.
Here’s the full list of Pokémon making their debut in Pokémon Go — though one Pokémon on the list, Comfey, will only be available to players in Hawaii.
- Midday Form Lycanroc
- Midnight Form Lycanroc
- Tapu Koko
- Comfey — available only in Hawaii
Rowlet, Litten, Popplio, Pikipek, and Yungoos will all appear more frequently in the wild, Niantic said in its blog post Monday.
As for raids and mega-raids in Season of Alola, here’s what you’ll find:
- One-Star: Bellsprout, Snubbull, Phanpy, Electrike, Rockruff
- Three-Star: Alolan Raichu, Nidoqueen, Wigglytuff, Alolan Graveler
- Five-Star: Tapu Koko
- Mega: Mega Venusaur
Finally, by completing Pokémon Go’s Field Research Tasks, players will have the chance to find Pikipek and Yungoos. The kickoff event for Season of Alola will run from March 1 to March 9.
Niantic also included details for March’s Community Day celebration, noting that Sandshrew and Alolan Sandshrew will be featured. Community Day is scheduled for March 13 at 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. (local time).
The events and bonuses are as follows, straight from Niantic:
- ¼ Egg Hatch Distance when Eggs are placed in Incubator during event period
- 3 hr Incense Duration
- 3 hr Lure Module Duration
- A Community Day Box with 30 Ultra Balls, 3 Super Incubators, 4 Lucky Eggs, 1 Elite Charged TM will be available in the in-game shop for 1,280 PokéCoin
- A free bundle with 30 Ultra Balls will be available in the shop
- Event-themed stickers from PokéStops, Gifts and the in-game shop
- Take a few snapshots for a surprise
- Sandslash evolved from Sandshrew during the event or up to two hours afterwards will know Night Slash
- Alolan Sandslash evolved from Alolan Sandshrew during the event or up to two hours afterwards will know Shadow Slash
- Trainers can access the Community Day Special Research Story: Gritty and Glacial by purchasing tickets for $1.00 (USD) (or equivalent pricing tier in local currency)
Further details are available on the Pokémon Go blog.