Developer Striking Distance Studios released a new update for its sci-fi horror game, The Callisto Protocol, on Thursday, with the biggest new addition coming in the form of a new game plus mode. That feature was originally promised to arrive in February, but despite its early arrival, The Callisto Protocol players may want to hold off on revisiting the game until then (or later) anyway.
New game plus will let players carry over their progression to a new save after beating the game. Afterward, all weapons, upgrades, and Callisto Credits that players had amassed can be collected at the first Reforge station on their next run.
The latest patch for The Callisto Protocol (version 3.01) doesn’t add enough to recommend a full replay, however. There are welcome bug fixes and performance optimizations, but the features that Striking Distance’s game needs — better checkpointing, game-wide cutscene skips, chapter selection, and hardcore difficulty mode (that’s due in February) — aren’t here yet.
Still, if you’re really into The Callisto Protocol’s brand of combat, and want to fully deck out Jacob Lee’s arsenal, it appears you finally have that option. Read on for everything else that’s changed with The Callisto Protocol’s new patch.
[v. 3.01] January 19, 2023
- Users who previously completed the game will have access to NewGame+ after the patch.
- Application restart may be required.
- Requires an active save file from game completion.
- Fixed an issue where some users were not correctly granted the “The Protocol is About Life” achievement
- Added New Game Plus. Complete the game to unlock New Game Plus and carry your progression over to a new save. All weapons, upgrades, and Callisto Credits can be collected at the first Reforge
- General performance optimizations across all platforms
- Players no longer take damage when vaulting over obstacles
- Fixed multiple issues where certain camera angles or progression paths could cause environments to stream out and allow Jacob to fall through the ground
- Consistency pass on cabinets, lockers, and shelves to display correctly in High Contrast mode
- Voice leveling and subtitle mismatch adjustments across localized languages
- Fixed low frequency crash in the Tunnels level during the Two Head fight
- Skip Cinematics button has been mapped to the Interact/Pickup input
- Fixed a long hitch when enabling Ray-Traced Shadows in the main menu
- Prevented mouse cursor from displaying during some area transitions
- Fixed low frequency crash in Snowcat when Jacob is talking to Dani