In Animal Crossing: New Horizons on Switch, you can decide where to place buildings on the island. If you change your mind and realize that your building isn’t where you want it anymore, you can also move buildings.
After Resident Services changes from a tent to a building, you’ll have the option to move buildings like houses and stores. Simply talk to Tom Nook, choose “Let’s talk infrastructure,” and ask for layout changes. You can move all buildings, with one exception: Resident Services.
To move structures like villager homes, Nook’s Cranny, the museum, or a campsite, it’ll cost 50,000 Bells.
If you want to move your house, talk to Tom Nook, select “About my home …” and opt to relocate. This will cost you 30,000 Bells.
If you decide to move a building, Tom Nook will give you a kit to select the new location. It works the same way as the first time you placed the structures. You’ll need an open area with no cliffs or water nearby. When you choose the new location, the building will appear there the next day.
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons 2.0 5
- Getting started 7
Learn the basics
- Every tool’s durability and how long they last
- What happens when you eat fruit
- How to send letters with presents (and wrap them)
- How to cure a wasp sting
- How to move rocks
- How to make chat less insufferable
- What time does the new day start?
- How to customize your phone
- How to turn any photo into a pattern
- How to poop 💩
- Guide to Dreaming and Dream Addresses
- How to back up your island
- Buildings and structures 8
- Catching critters 10
- Farming for items 9
- Upgrades 7
- Making money (Bells) 6
- Nook Miles 3
- Character and island customization 9
Villager visitors and NPCs
- Complete amiibo guide
- How to make a villager move out
- How to get K.K. Slider
- How to get a 3 star town rating for K.K. Slider
- How to sell bugs to Flick the vendor
- How to sell to the new fish vendor, C.J.
- K.K. Slider song list, music guide
- Jolly Redd’s art, real or fake?
- Celeste Star Fragment DIY recipe list
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons winter Snowflake DIY recipe guide
Seasonal event guides
- Maple Leaf DIY recipe list
- Summer Shell DIY recipe list
- Mushroom DIY recipe list
- Festive Season DIY recipe list
- Perfect Snowboy guide and DIY recipe list
- Young Spring Bamboo recipe list
- Cherry-blossom Petals recipe list guide
- Bunny Day event guide
- Acorn and Pine Cone recipe list
- How to make custom fireworks
- Raffle guide and rewards list
The game’s community
- The year we spent in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Animal Crossing kept up with all the twists and turns of 2020
- Joe Biden sets up his own Animal Crossing island for the presidential campaign
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons is a much-needed escape from everything
- Animal Crossing outsells Breath of the Wild in mere months
- Animal Crossing’s escapist fantasy is getting a reality check
- Animal Crossing reportedly removed from Chinese retailers following Hong Kong demonstrations
- Animal Crossing hacker group starts free villager service
- Animal Crossing’s fashion is unrivaled
- Animal Crossing players are starting over after dozens (or hundreds) of hours