Animal Crossing: New Horizons on Switch allows players to create custom clothes and share them with others online. There are multiple ways to share the pieces you create, and there’s many ways to make custom gear for folks.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to make and share custom patterns.
Making custom patterns
One way you can create patterns is through this pattern editor website. It allows you to make patterns in your browser or even upload images, which it’ll convert into an Animal Crossing pattern. From here, it’ll let you save the pattern has a QR code that you can scan and import into your game.
You can slo make patterns in-game. In New Horizons, you can creates clothes almost immediately using the simple pattern tool. After your tent becomes a home, buy the Custom Design Pro Editor for 800 Nook Miles from the Nook Stop. This will let you make fancier designs for all sorts of clothes, like hoodies or beanies.
Sharing with QR Codes
If you’re importing a code from the pattern maker above or from Animal Crossing: New Leaf, you’ll need the Nintendo Switch Online app for Android or iOS. Once you login with your Nintendo account, you’ll be able to access Nook Link.
Press the Plus button on the New Horizons title screen to link your character with your Nintendo account, and use the app to scan the QR code.
After you scan it, open your designs on your Nook Phone and press the Plus button to download the design.
Sharing from the Able Sisters shop
This method requires a Nintendo Switch Online Subscription.
After you build Nook’s Cranny, Mabel will come visit your town. After visiting a couple of times, she’ll ask you to place a plot to open her store on your island.
In the back of the Able Sisters shop will be a Custom Designs Kiosk. Here, you can upload and download designs.
After you upload a design, Animal Crossing: New Horizons will give you a long string of numbers and letters. Input the string of numbers and letters to download other peoples’ designs.
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons 2.0 5
- Getting started 7
Learn the basics
- Every tool’s durability and how long they last
- What happens when you eat fruit
- How to send letters with presents (and wrap them)
- How to cure a wasp sting
- How to move rocks
- How to make chat less insufferable
- What time does the new day start?
- How to customize your phone
- How to turn any photo into a pattern
- How to poop 💩
- Guide to Dreaming and Dream Addresses
- How to back up your island
Buildings and structures
- Upgrading your house
- How to unlock the Shop, the Museum, and more
- How to unlock the Able Sisters tailor shop
- Guide to the Museum
- How to move items and manage your pocket and house inventory
- How to move and rotate furniture
- How to move buildings
- How to build bridges and inclines
- How to upgrade Nook’s Cranny
- Catching critters 10
- Farming for items 9
- Upgrades 7
- Making money (Bells) 6
- Nook Miles 3
- Character and island customization 8
Villager visitors and NPCs
- Complete amiibo guide
- How to make a villager move out
- How to get K.K. Slider
- How to get a 3 star town rating for K.K. Slider
- How to sell bugs to Flick the vendor
- How to sell to the new fish vendor, C.J.
- K.K. Slider song list, music guide
- Jolly Redd’s art, real or fake?
- Celeste Star Fragment DIY recipe list
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons winter Snowflake DIY recipe guide
Seasonal event guides
- Maple Leaf DIY recipe list
- Summer Shell DIY recipe list
- Mushroom DIY recipe list
- Festive Season DIY recipe list
- Perfect Snowboy guide and DIY recipe list
- Young Spring Bamboo recipe list
- Cherry-blossom Petals recipe list guide
- Bunny Day event guide
- Acorn and Pine Cone recipe list
- How to make custom fireworks
- Raffle guide and rewards list
The game’s community
- The year we spent in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Animal Crossing kept up with all the twists and turns of 2020
- Joe Biden sets up his own Animal Crossing island for the presidential campaign
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons is a much-needed escape from everything
- Animal Crossing outsells Breath of the Wild in mere months
- Animal Crossing’s escapist fantasy is getting a reality check
- Animal Crossing reportedly removed from Chinese retailers following Hong Kong demonstrations
- Animal Crossing hacker group starts free villager service
- Animal Crossing’s fashion is unrivaled
- Animal Crossing players are starting over after dozens (or hundreds) of hours