To get all the hottest clothes in Animal Crossing: New Horizons on Switch, you’ll need to unlock the Able Sisters tailor’s shop.
To unlock Able Sisters, you’ll need to do a few other things first:
- Help build the Museum. (Donate five creatures to Tom Nook, and then donate 15 creatures to Blathers.)
- Help build Nook’s Cranny. (Donate 30 of each type of wood, plus 30 Iron Nuggets to Timmy and Tommy Nook.)
After Nook’s Cranny opens, Mabel the blue hedgehog will appear inside. From this day forward, she’ll appear on your island randomly to sell her wares in front of the Resident Services building.
While we’re not 100% sure what triggers Mabel’s desire to set up a permanent shop on the island. We only spent about 3,600 Bells on three items before she asked for help while on her fourth visit to our island. Other players report having her ask to move as early as their second visit, while others believe that that you need to spend more than 5,000 Bells. We’re trying to nail down this information and will provide exact details when we can.
After she talks about opening shop, she’ll give you a plot to place. She won’t require any crafting materials, saying that Timmy and Tommy have donated her the leftovers from building Nook’s Cranny. Two days later, Able Sisters will open.
The Able Sisters opening allows you to buy way more clothes, and the selection changes frequently. You can even go into the changing room to try on all the clothes and buy multiple items at once. You can also share your designs on the clothing rack in the back of the store, and you may see your villagers wearing them.
Having the tailor’s shop open means you can share your custom designs using the terminal in the back of the shop, but you’ll need a Nintendo Switch Online subscription to do so.
Prices taken at time of publishing.
Nintendo Switch consoles are often sold out, but you can still pick up the handheld-only Switch Lite, which is perfect for portable gaming.
Vox Media has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Vox Media may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links. For more information, see our ethics policy.
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons 2.0 5
- Getting started 7
Learn the basics
- Every tool’s durability and how long they last
- What happens when you eat fruit
- How to send letters with presents (and wrap them)
- How to cure a wasp sting
- How to move rocks
- How to make chat less insufferable
- What time does the new day start?
- How to customize your phone
- How to turn any photo into a pattern
- How to poop 💩
- Guide to Dreaming and Dream Addresses
- How to back up your island
- Buildings and structures 8
- Catching critters 10
- Farming for items 9
- Upgrades 7
- Making money (Bells) 6
- Nook Miles 3
- Character and island customization 9
Villager visitors and NPCs
- Complete amiibo guide
- How to make a villager move out
- How to get K.K. Slider
- How to get a 3 star town rating for K.K. Slider
- How to sell bugs to Flick the vendor
- How to sell to the new fish vendor, C.J.
- K.K. Slider song list, music guide
- Jolly Redd’s art, real or fake?
- Celeste Star Fragment DIY recipe list
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons winter Snowflake DIY recipe guide
Seasonal event guides
- Maple Leaf DIY recipe list
- Summer Shell DIY recipe list
- Mushroom DIY recipe list
- Festive Season DIY recipe list
- Perfect Snowboy guide and DIY recipe list
- Young Spring Bamboo recipe list
- Cherry-blossom Petals recipe list guide
- Bunny Day event guide
- Acorn and Pine Cone recipe list
- How to make custom fireworks
- Raffle guide and rewards list
The game’s community
- The year we spent in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Animal Crossing kept up with all the twists and turns of 2020
- Joe Biden sets up his own Animal Crossing island for the presidential campaign
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons is a much-needed escape from everything
- Animal Crossing outsells Breath of the Wild in mere months
- Animal Crossing’s escapist fantasy is getting a reality check
- Animal Crossing reportedly removed from Chinese retailers following Hong Kong demonstrations
- Animal Crossing hacker group starts free villager service
- Animal Crossing’s fashion is unrivaled
- Animal Crossing players are starting over after dozens (or hundreds) of hours