If you want to be able to shop anywhere in Animal Crossing: New Horizons on Switch, you can unlock a Nook Shopping app for your Nook Phone.
To do this, you’ll have to buy 100 items through the Nook Shopping machine in Resident Services. The Nook Shopping app works just like the machine, but you can use it from anywhere on your island.
You can only order five items for yourself a day, but you can mail each friend up to two things a day, making the grind to 100 fairly easy. You can track how close you are to 100 items bought by looking at the “Shop to it!” Nook Mileage achievement. If you’re sending gifts to friends to help bolster your numbers, it’ll also contribute to the “Popular Pen Pal” achievement, which is a nice perk.
You can open this app while on other players’ islands, but you can’t order anything from the app while away from your own island. (This is, however, handy for checking to see if you already have something in your catalog.) You can still order things from the app while on Mystery Island Tours.
Prices taken at time of publishing.
Nintendo Switch consoles are often sold out, but you can still pick up the handheld-only Switch Lite, which is perfect for portable gaming.
Vox Media has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Vox Media may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links. For more information, see our ethics policy.
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons 2.0 5
- Getting started 7
Learn the basics
- Every tool’s durability and how long they last
- What happens when you eat fruit
- How to send letters with presents (and wrap them)
- How to cure a wasp sting
- How to move rocks
- How to make chat less insufferable
- What time does the new day start?
- How to customize your phone
- How to turn any photo into a pattern
- How to poop 💩
- Guide to Dreaming and Dream Addresses
- How to back up your island
Buildings and structures
- Upgrading your house
- How to unlock the Shop, the Museum, and more
- How to unlock the Able Sisters tailor shop
- Guide to the Museum
- How to move items and manage your pocket and house inventory
- How to move and rotate furniture
- How to move buildings
- How to build bridges and inclines
- How to upgrade Nook’s Cranny
- Catching critters 10
- Farming for items 9
- Upgrades 6
- Making money (Bells) 6
- Nook Miles 3
- Character and island customization 9
Villager visitors and NPCs
- Complete amiibo guide
- How to make a villager move out
- How to get K.K. Slider
- How to get a 3 star town rating for K.K. Slider
- How to sell bugs to Flick the vendor
- How to sell to the new fish vendor, C.J.
- K.K. Slider song list, music guide
- Jolly Redd’s art, real or fake?
- Celeste Star Fragment DIY recipe list
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons winter Snowflake DIY recipe guide
Seasonal event guides
- Maple Leaf DIY recipe list
- Summer Shell DIY recipe list
- Mushroom DIY recipe list
- Festive Season DIY recipe list
- Perfect Snowboy guide and DIY recipe list
- Young Spring Bamboo recipe list
- Cherry-blossom Petals recipe list guide
- Bunny Day event guide
- Acorn and Pine Cone recipe list
- How to make custom fireworks
- Raffle guide and rewards list
The game’s community
- The year we spent in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Animal Crossing kept up with all the twists and turns of 2020
- Joe Biden sets up his own Animal Crossing island for the presidential campaign
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons is a much-needed escape from everything
- Animal Crossing outsells Breath of the Wild in mere months
- Animal Crossing’s escapist fantasy is getting a reality check
- Animal Crossing reportedly removed from Chinese retailers following Hong Kong demonstrations
- Animal Crossing hacker group starts free villager service
- Animal Crossing’s fashion is unrivaled
- Animal Crossing players are starting over after dozens (or hundreds) of hours