Animal Crossing: New Horizons now has a dream feature, allowing players to visit other islands without having to go to the airport. The other player doesn’t even need to be online. (To use dreams, you’ll need a Nintendo Switch Online subscription.)
That said, you won’t be able to buy any items or pick any fruits if you’re visiting via a dream. This is mostly just to make it easier to share your creative vision with others. As an added bonus, it lets you invite people in without any fear of them trashing your place or stomping your flowers.
Luna, a tapir, will aid you in your sleep.
How to upload your island
When your lay in a bed in your house, it’ll ask if you want to sleep. Say yes, and you’ll see Luna, who will offer to help you out. To upload your island, tell her “I’d like to share a dream.”
After connecting to the internet, she’ll give you a Dream Address code to share that’ll represent your island. Your Dream Address will appear on your passport and on your map, so don’t stress about recording it when she tells you the code at first.
Note that you can only upload your island once a day.
How to visit other islands using dreams
After talking to Luna for the first time, you’ll be able to sleep at your house in any bed. Once you lay down, the game will ask if you want to dream. Select yes, and you’ll be enveloped in a purple fog before seeing Luna again. Tell her you “want to dream” and she’ll ask you for a Dream Address to enter. Once you input the island’s code, you’ll awake from your bed in front of the Resident Services of the island you chose to visit. As a reminder, you won’t be able to do much beyond taking in all the sights. But that’s fine!
When you’re ready to go back to your own island, just lay back in the bed.
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons 2.0 2
- Getting started 7
Learn the basics
- Every tool’s durability and how long they last
- What happens when you eat fruit
- How to send letters with presents (and wrap them)
- How to cure a wasp sting
- How to move rocks
- How to make chat less insufferable
- What time does the new day start?
- How to customize your phone
- How to turn any photo into a pattern
- How to poop 💩
- How to back up your island
Buildings and structures
- Upgrading your house
- How to unlock the Shop, the Museum, and more
- How to unlock the Able Sisters tailor shop
- Guide to the Museum
- How to move items and manage your pocket and house inventory
- How to move and rotate furniture
- How to move buildings
- How to build bridges and inclines
- How to upgrade Nook’s Cranny
- Catching critters 10
- Farming for items 9
- Upgrades 7
- Making money (Bells) 6
- Nook Miles 3
- Character and island customization 9
Villager visitors and NPCs
- Complete amiibo guide
- How to make a villager move out
- How to get K.K. Slider
- How to get a 3 star town rating for K.K. Slider
- How to sell bugs to Flick the vendor
- How to sell to the new fish vendor, C.J.
- K.K. Slider song list, music guide
- Jolly Redd’s art, real or fake?
- Celeste Star Fragment DIY recipe list
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons winter Snowflake DIY recipe guide
Seasonal event guides
- Maple Leaf DIY recipe list
- Summer Shell DIY recipe list
- Mushroom DIY recipe list
- Festive Season DIY recipe list
- Perfect Snowboy guide and DIY recipe list
- Young Spring Bamboo recipe list
- Cherry-blossom Petals recipe list guide
- Bunny Day event guide
- Acorn and Pine Cone recipe list
- How to make custom fireworks
- Raffle guide and rewards list
The game’s community
- The year we spent in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Animal Crossing kept up with all the twists and turns of 2020
- Joe Biden sets up his own Animal Crossing island for the presidential campaign
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons is a much-needed escape from everything
- Animal Crossing outsells Breath of the Wild in mere months
- Animal Crossing’s escapist fantasy is getting a reality check
- Animal Crossing reportedly removed from Chinese retailers following Hong Kong demonstrations
- Animal Crossing hacker group starts free villager service
- Animal Crossing’s fashion is unrivaled
- Animal Crossing players are starting over after dozens (or hundreds) of hours