The latest update for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds has arrived, and it’s brought a few big changes with it including a new vehicle, a new weapon, and a new way to get around the map.
The game’s new vehicle is a Russian infantry fighting vehicle called the BRDM-2. It’s a Cold War-era amphibious armored vehicle, and in PUBG it’s available only from care packages. To call down a BRDM-2, players will first need to find a flare gun and fire it off. Then a passing plane will push one out the back under a parachute. The BRDM-2 will replace the more lightly armored Russian UAZ that used to come from these special care packages. The armored UAZ was a good vehicle, but couldn’t traverse water if that suddenly became necessary. The BRDM-2 doesn’t have a problem with that at all.
Patch 30 also brings the Deagle to PUBG for the first time. Based on the ostentatiously powerful Desert Eagle handgun developed by Magnum Research, which is featured in just about every modern military shooter, the Deagle is a high caliber, semi-automatic pistol. While it’s not likely to replace an assault rifle or work as a substitute for another primary weapon, the Deagle does more damage than any other pistol in the game and should make itself useful late in games when close quarters fighting becomes necessary.
The last big change coming to PUBG with patch 30 is a new way to traverse the map. Players have been able to vault over small walls for the almost two years, but that required standing still next to the wall to start the animation. Now, with the new ledge grab feature, players can run at any wall, roof, or ledge, jump toward it, then clamber their way to the top. This new feature makes scaling tall walls and jumping in windows extremely easy, but it also lets creative players reach new spots on previously inaccessible rooftops, totally changing the way it feels to fight in some PUBG cities.
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds patch 30 is available to download on PC now. There’s no word on whether or not these features will be coming to console in the near future or not. To see all the changes coming with the patch you can view the gameplay patch notes below or the full patch notes on the official PUBG site.
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds patch 30 notes
New Vehicle: BRDM-2
- BRDM-2 can only be called in as a special Care Package using the Flare Gun on all maps and it replaces the armored UAZ.
- Over waterways or terrain, this amphibious vehicle increases your options to navigate firefights and the Battlegrounds themselves.
BRDM-2’s total HP is 2500 and its health is twice as much as UAZ, while its gigantic, sturdy wheels cannot be damaged.
Powerful bulletproof vehicle that can reduce incoming damage such as ammunition based assaults as well as grenades and red zone damage.
BRDM-2 is an amphibious vehicle that can continue to ground travel on water, but players can’t shoot while on board.
It has a capacity of up to four players on board, and Its top water speed is 22km/h and top speed on the road is 102km/h when boosted.
New Weapon: Deagle
- The Deagle is a handgun that deals the strongest pistol damage with great muzzle velocity and will be spawned on all maps.
- Deagle can deal 62 damage per shot and take both red-dot and holographic sights, various magazines and a laser sight that improves hip fire accuracy.
- With greater than average pistol damage and muzzle velocity comes harder to control recoil.
- Deagle has a single firemode type that uses .45 ACP ammo and the standard magazine fits 7 rounds. (It can be extended to 10 with an extended magazine)
Ledge grab allows you to take new paths by climbing up the edge of roofs, fences, and obstacles up to 2.5 meters high, and jump from building to building or container to container.
Now that players can move to places they weren’t able to reach before, we look forward to seeing gameplay with new strategies climbing to places your opponent won’t be able to anticipate.
How to use Ledge Grab
- You can activate ledge grab by either jumping or vaulting (space bar) and then continue to press the space bar or by pressing the space bar at the right timing in midair, heading towards the target location.
- You can cancel the ledge grab while it is activated and fall to the ground by following the same method of cancelling the vaulting/climbing.
A message from the Dev. team on ledge grab
This is the first iteration of ledge grab, you cannot yet hang on the railings or slide down railings. However, ledge grab will be updated twice in total including this update, the dev team will keep working to enable those features just mentioned from the other update in the future.
We anticipate a similar adoption period for ledge grab as we had with the initial introduction of vaulting. We will work to isolate any improvements or modifications that need to be made during the early stages of the feature’s launch.
Please try out the new ledge grab and kindly give us your feedback so that we can further improve and polish the feature, which is the utmost priority to the Dev. team.
We will continue to make our best efforts to quickly ensure the feature is as stable and useful as possible. We very much appreciate your interest and feedback.
Improved Gas Cans
- Added strategic elements to the Gas Can, an item that used to be seen to have few advantages to loot.
- As soon as Gas Can explodes, it will deal damage to all players in a radius around it’s location.
- When the Gas Can is blown up, it deals damage in a radius around it, dealing more damage to those close by
- Keep in mind that you can hurt both yourself and your teammates if you stand to close to the explosion, so be careful!
How to use
- Drop a Gas Can on the ground and damage it with bullets or throwables, which will cause it to explode and deal damage to those close by.
- Each Gas Can will now display individually in the inventory when players have more than one Gas Can to reduce confusion, as dropping multiple Gas Cans will not multiply the damage.
Playing with players from different regions in random Duo or Squad matches or players with no access to voice chat have made it difficult to establish team-based strategy through close communication between team members. To help solve this problem, we are introducing text-based Radio Messages that will help you communicate with your team more quickly and easily for successful strategic gameplay.
- Buildings at short distance now load 30 to 40% faster through optimization of level streaming (rendering).
Material data structure has been optimized.
Streaming (rendering) priority has been optimized through estimating of players’ movement route and allocating resource priority accordingly.
Furniture rendering speed has been optimized.
Level LOD data has been optimized.
- Reduced delays which could occur when opening crates from the Store.
- Fixed an issue where the reload sound played repeatedly when unequipping a weapon while reloading.
- Fixed an issue where the audible reload range of the AWM was significantly lower compared to other SRs.
- Fixed an issue where character’s limbs overlapped when reloading the R45 and AKM in specific circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where a male hairstyle did not match the thumbnail.
- Fixed an issue where the automatic firing mode option did not apply during War Mode matches.
- Fixed an issue which caused the firing sound to be lower than intended when near a Motorbike or Snowmobile.
- Fixed an issue where weapon charms attached to a Tommy Gun would overlap an attached Extended Mag.
- Fixed an issue where some UI elements could disappear temporarily when watching a player in a replay or spectator mode.
- Fixed an issue where vehicle deaths caused by other vehicles are not displayed in the killfeed for observers.
- Fixed an issue where the speedometer in the dashboard of certain vehicles did not function correctly.
- Fixed an issue with “Inventory Character Render” enabled which could restrict mouse movement and cause the cursor to disappear.
- Fixed an issue where the throwable UI overlapped when switching between specific throwable items.
- Fixed an issue where characters rising from lowered stances at distances further than 50 meters away would appear to stand up without any visible animation.
- Fixed an issue where dropping empty shotgun shells had no sound when reloading the S686.
- Fixed an issue where Care Packages could drop in unintended locations on Vikendi, including out of the map boundary.
- Fixed an issue where the MK47 Mutant spawned when the spawn rate was set to zero in Custom Matches.
- Fixed an issue where players who were DBNO while ADSing, returned to the ADS state after being revived.
- Fixed an issue which could affect players experiencing poor network connectivity causing the player to enter the falling animation when ejecting from the plane.
- Fixed an issue in observer mode, where the player list would freeze when a hotkey was pressed repeatedly.
- Fixed an issue where players were not rewarded a kill if their DBNO opponent was killed by self-inflicted or environmental damage, such as grenade or fall damage.
- Fixed an issue which prevented players from following other players with the in-game friends list.
- Fixed an issue where players who were DBNO during the initial vault animation, would complete the animation while in DBNO state.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to connect to matches when the system menu was opened.
- Fixed an issue where following a player from the statistics screen did not work as intended.
- Fixed an issue in which players were able to pass and shoot through windows without them breaking.