Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night requires a lot of running back and forth across the world. In the process, it’s easy to lose track of where to go next, or what you’re doing to beat the game. There are three endings in Bloodstained, each with an associated Achievement or Trophy.
This guide will walk you through each Bloodstained ending and how to get it.
Just a Flicker (bad ending 1)
The first bad ending requires the least amount of work. You can reach this point relatively early in the game, but it is a very unsatisfying ending.
- Work your way into the castle and get the Craftwork ability from Craftwork in Dian Cecht Cathedral. Open the path through Garden of Silence. Defeat Andrealphus in Livre Ex Machina in to get the Double Jump ability.
- Defeat Valac in Tower of Twin Dragons. Collect the Silver Bromide and take it back to Dominique in Arvantville to get your photo taken. Take your photo to Orlok Dracule in Livre Ex Machina to get the Passplate. Take the Passplate to Bridge of Evil and ride the train to Underground Sorcery Lab. Defeat Bathin in Underground Sorcery Lab to get the Reflector Ray ability.
- Head to Livre Ex Machina, and use Reflector Ray to reach Hall of Termination. Fight and defeat Gebel at this point to get the first bad ending, Just a Flicker.
Usurper (bad ending 2)
The second bad ending takes a lot more work, but ends in an equally unsatisfying way.
- Follow the steps above until you get to Hall of Termination. Instead of taking on Gebel, head into Dian Cecht Cathedral. Defeat Bloodless to get the Blood Steal ability, and use it to drain the blood fountain in Entrance. Drop down into Forbidden Underground Waterway.
- Farm any Deeseama you find until one drops the Aqua Stream Shard, and then travel down to Hidden Desert to fight Alfred and pick up the Deep Sinker Shard. Us that to head left through Forbidden Underground Waterway until you reach Secret Sorcery Lab. Defeat Doppelganger and continue through to Inferno Cave. Defeat Orobas to receive the Invert Shard ability. Head back to Tower of Twin Dragons to pick up the Aegis Plate armor.
- Head back to Entrance and use Invert and the Aegis Plate to reach Oriental Sorcery Lab. Face and defeat Zangetsu there for the second time to get his Zangetsuto sword. Go back to Hall of Termination and face Gebel. Defeat him to get the Usurper (bad) ending.
Dethroned (good ending)
The final ending builds on Usurper above, but sends you to a couple entirely new areas of the world.
- Instead of defeating Gebel at the end of the section above, attack the moon instead when it turns red about halfway through the fight. The demon Gremory, as the moon, will then flee to Garden of Silence. Attack the moon there with the Zangetsuto to open a portal to Den of Behemoths.
- Continue through until you reach Glacial Tomb. Fight and defeat Gremory to get the Dimension Shift Shard ability. Head left through Glacial Tomb to find the final two bosses. Defeat them for the game’s true ending, Dethroned.