Gaining new Shard abilities in Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night will open up new areas and new paths to explore. The first ability you get, Craftwork, will open a path that will lead you to a second, arguably more useful ability — the Double Jump.
This ability will open a lot of new rooms in areas you’ve already visited and make it so you can continue on along the game’s main story path. Below, we’ll walk you through how to get this ability.
Andrealphus boss fight and Double Jump ability
To pick up the Double Jump Shard ability, you need to defeat Andrealphus in Livre Ex Machina.
- From the start of the game, play through Galleon Minerva, and continue through Arvantville to Entrance.
- Loop through the Garden of Silence, and back into Entrance to get to Dian Cecht Cathedral.
- Get the Craftwork ability from Craftwork in Dian Cecht Cathedral. This ability creates a giant hand that lets you move obstacles.
- Use Craftwork to open the path through Garden of Silence.
- Continue to Tower of Twin Dragons, and then backtrack into Livre Ex Machina.
- Defeat Andrealphus to get the Double Jump ability.
Double Jump will let you reach new areas and items in Galleon Minerva and Garden of Silence, and you’ll need it to continue through Tower of Twin Dragons to face Valac.