Call of Duty: Warzone and Modern Warfare’s new season has arrived, and it brought the first new map changes to the game’s battle royale mode. But those aren’t the only changes that came with this latest patch, there’s also new Warzone weapons, bug fixes, and a whole season’s worth of additions.
Season 5 marks the most changes Infinity Ward has ever brought to Warzone in just one update. The Verdansk map now has two bustling new — or renovated — locations with the train station and the stadium, which players can now go inside.
On top of that, there’s now also a functioning train circling the map. Along with these changes to Verdansk, Warzone will also have revamped loot this season, including new weapons. The season even brought back Warzone’s BR Duos mode, which is always a fan favorite.
Warzone’s Gulag is also getting an exciting new change. Rather than the old standard of creating one set of weapons that players can get at random in the Gulag every season, the weapons will now rotate between four different sets. Players will get a new set of random weapons every week, which should keep things fresh and interesting.
Along with all these Warzone changes, the patch also brings some new content to Modern Warfare. There are two new multiplayer maps, Petrov Oil Rig and Suldal Harbor, as well as a Ground War map based on the Verdansk airport. Season 5 also adds the new AN-94 assault rifle, and the ISO SMG to the game as well.
For a look at everything coming to Modern Warfare and Warzone this season, you can check out the patch’s content road map and the full patch notes.
Call of Duty: Warzone season 5 patch notes
Season Five: File Size and Download Instructions
Owners of the full version of Modern Warfare and free-to-play Warzone will have a decrease in overall footprint on console.
Please note that the Season Five update will have a download size of approximately 34-54 GB for owners of the full version of Modern Warfare and free-to-play Warzone who are up-to-date with the latest update.
PlayStation 4: 33.9 GB
Xbox One: 49.8 GB
PC: 54.2 GB (Modern Warfare owners) and 47.4 GB (Warzone only owners)
Once the new Season of content has been integrated into your game, and provided you had the update prior to Season Five installed, Modern Warfare will have a decrease in overall footprint on console.
A reminder, console players can choose also to uninstall/remove other data packs if no longer needed for a smaller overall file size.For detailed information on uninstalling/removing other data packs, read this article.
- Modern Warfare
- Ground War (Adding Verdansk International Airport)
- Blueprint Gunfight
- Search and Destroy Double Down (12v12)
- Face-Off (Livestock)
- Oil Rig and Harbor 24/7
- BR Duos
- BR Trios
- BR Quads
- BR Solos Buy Back (previously called BR Solos Stimulus)
- Blood Money Quads
- Mini Royale Trios (Fast-paced Battle Royale in condensed areas of Verdansk)
- Added Weapon Inspect!
- Fix for an issue where store bundle images could get stuck on the previous bundle image when scrolling on PC
- Fixes to prevent screen tearing
- Fix for an issue where Price and Gaz occasionally lose their eye models while navigating various menus
- Fixed a bug where, when the ‘Headshots Only’ option is set in a custom game, the male Operator hitboxes aren’t functioning properly
- Fix for an issue where the default scope on the Rytec AMR cannot be customized
- Fix for a bug where Care Packages, Juggernauts, and Emergency Airdrops were not getting properly refunded to the player if getting the ‘Too many vehicles, refunding killstreak’ message in a Custom Game
- Stopping Power rounds are now preserved on dropped weapons
- Added a brief decay period when transitioning from heavy footsteps (sprint, tactical sprint) to lighter footsteps (walk). This addresses players immediately becoming quiet upon slowing down from fast movements
- Fixed a bug where the player’s choice of weapon fire and scope states were not being saved and restored after interacting with the Sentry Gun, Shield Turret, and Care Package
- (We’ll have weapon tuning and other weapon adjustments in a future patch. Stay tuned for updates.)
- Fix for invisible collision appearing in Barakett Promenade
- Fix for a bug where the 23.0” RPK Barrel was appearing broken in-game and in the Gunsmith menu
- Fix for an exploit where players were able to give themselves unlimited ammo
- Fix for an exploit using the Recon Drone and Care Package
- The PKM – Bludgeoner will now gather ammo from any other PKM weapon
- Fixed an issues where players were hearing the missed hit VO for the Precision Airstrike when right after calling it in
- Added a VO line when a player’s High Alert warning is triggered
- Fixed an issue where players could receive ‘wallbang’ kills when shooting through players
- New Warzone loot items!
- Gulag weapons will now rotate every week between four sets total
- Increased effective damage range for all semi-auto DMR and semi-auto Sniper Rifles
- Increased effective damage range for the FR 5.56
- Fix for a bug where the player’s physics could be controlled by the helicopter while they parachute out
- Fix for an issue where players were unable to call in any Air Strikes
- Fix for seeing invalid pings on the Heartbeat Sensor
- Added new VO lines to warn players of enemy Recon Drones being called in near them (BR only)
- Previously, the Most Wanted contract could respawn dead players. Now, it can respawn players in the Gulag in any state
- Fix for the ‘Alive in Gas’ challenge timer
Call of Duty League
- Fix for an exploit while inside the blue kiosks on Piccadilly
- New restricted attachments:
Muzzle – Suppressors (all)
Optic – Thermal Sights (all)
Underbarrel – Merc Foregrip
Co-Op Modes (Tac Ops, Classic Special Operations, Survival)
- Team Ping is now enabled in these modes
- New Challenges: Playing it Bogart – Defeat enemies in style while supporting your teammates in these Co-Op Focused Challenges
Special Operations: Survival
- Added new map, Crash
- Fix for exploit involving the Equipment Store
- Improved stability
- VRAM usage is now displayed in 2 separate bars: one for Warzone and the other for multiplayer
- Added a keybind for Air Vehicles’ Horn in the Killstreak and Vehicles tab in the Options menu