Call of Duty: Warzone season 6 is here, and the new patch brings a few big changes to the game ahead of its Call of Duty: Vanguard update. The season 6 patch brings back Warzone’s iconic Gulag, adds a few new points of interest to Verdansk, and includes some balance changes as well.
Season 6 will be the last time Warzone players play on Verdansk, according to developer Raven Software. To send the map off in style, Raven is bringing back the classic Gulag, where players can face off in duels for a chance to return to the action. While the area is mostly the same, Raven did add a few updates to keep the arena fresh.
Also getting a few updates in season 6 is Verdansk itself, which has been destroyed ... again. Some of the new points of interest around the map include newly destroyed versions of certain cities, and massive fissures that have opened up in the landscape.
Among the other, slightly smaller, changes in this patch, Raven also adjusted balance for a few assault rifles and light machine guns. The C58 and EM2 rifles both got nerfed slightly with increased recoil, while the MG82 and light machine gun alpha also got similar nerfs to recoil and a few other details, which should make controlling their fire a little harder.
Warzone’s next major seasonal update will likely come sometime near the end of 2021 or the beginning of 2022, and is expected to tie the game into Call of Duty: Vanguard. While we don’t know exactly what that will mean yet, we know there’s a new map coming, along with a newly improved anti-cheat system, and probably the integration of Vanguard’s entire weapons arsenal.
For a list of all the changes in Call of Duty: Warzone’s season 6 patch, you can check out Raven’s full patch notes.
Call of Duty: Warzone season 6 patch notes
New Points of Interest
Explosive charges have triggered a devastating seismic event in Verdansk, forming massive cracks right through Stadium and Downtown.
Make your way through this system of passageways and armament rooms, find high value loot, and ascend back to the surface before anyone else does.
New Gulag, inspired by the Original
- Look familiar? We thought so. Same rules. Slightly different arena.
- Loot across Verdansk has been adjusted as follows…
- The .410 Ironhide (BOCW) and Grav (BOCW) have been added
- New Gulag loadouts
- New ground and Supply Box loot
- Plunder respawn behavior has been updated to provide Players with more dynamic infiltrations
- The RC-XD Killstreak has been removed from all modes until further notice.
New Weapons (BOCW)
- .410 Ironhide: Shotgun (Launch)
- Lever-action shotgun. High damage at close range with an improved fire rate. Reliable 2-shot kill with a short 1-shot kill range.
- Obtain the Rattler Shotgun for free and ready to use in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone at Tier 15 of the Season Six Battle Pass.
Grav: Assault Rifle (Launch)
- Full-auto assault rifle. Fast firing rifle with improved range. Fastest bullet velocity in class with modest damage and moderate recoil.
- Obtain the Grav Assault Rifle for free and ready to use in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone at Tier 31 of the Season Six Battle Pass.
Battle Axe: Melee (Launch)
- Two-handed melee Weapon. Double bit axe with a straight wooden handle for powerful swings. Fell your foes and use them as kindling.
- Obtain the Battle Axe for free and ready to use in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone via in-game challenge or Store Bundle.
LAPA: Submachine Gun (In-Season)
- Full-auto submachine gun. Lightweight prototype with reliable damage and good firing control. Improved handling and range with a slower fire rate..
- Obtain via reward during The Haunting Event or via Blueprint in the Store.
Hammer & Sickle (In-Season)
- Dual wield melee. A powerful union between industrial and agricultural tools. Demonstrate the strength of labor with deadly melee attacks at close-range.
- Obtain via unlock Challenge or via Blueprint in the Store.
New Unlock Challenge Missions (BOCW)
- EM2: Assault Rifle
- Using Assault Rifles, rapidly kill 2 or more players in 15 different completed matches.
- TEC-9: Submachine Gun
- Using SMGs, get 2 Headshot kills in 15 different completed matches.
We are pleased with the level of Weapon variety we are seeing across Verdansk. However, we still feel there are some persistent outliers that could stand to be addressed. Outlined below are a few deceptively impactful changes to assist in further widening the pool of viable Weapons.
- C58 (BOCW)
- EM2 (BOCW)
Light Machine Guns
- MG 82 (BOCW)
Gun Kick increased
Reload interrupt time increased
Raise interrupt time increased
- Light Machine Gun Alpha (BOCW)
Gun Kick increased
- Tiger Team Spotlight
- Movement Speed multiplier decreased from 3.2% to 3%
- ADS Movement Speed multiplier decreased from 3.2% to 3%
OTs 9 (BOCW)
- Spetsnaz 40 Rnd
- ADS Speed multiplier decreased from .85 to .835
- Reload Time decreased from 2.6 to 2.7 seconds
- Reload Empty Time decreased from 3 to 3.1 seconds
VDV 40 Rnd Fast Mag
- ADS Speed multiplier decreased from .8 to .78
- Reload Time decreased from 1.93 to 2.11 seconds
- Reload Empty Time decreased from 2.23 to 2.32 seconds
UI, UX, and more
- Regiments are now frozen to ensure a smooth transition over to the new Clan-based system, coming later this year.
- Players will now only be able to view their Regiment Roster and inspect other Players.
- Players will no longer be able to create, manage, switch or invite others, use Regiment Tags, or receive Happy Hour rewards.
- The visual style of all loot cards has been updated!
- In addition to this change, we’ve added information about the fire type of a Weapon to each loot card.
- This will allow Players to observe if a Weapon is automatic, semi-automatic, or burst before committing to it, without having to fire test shots or lose their next engagement.
- Killfeed (Time On Screen)
- Added an option under the Accessibility menu to customize the amount of time that messages in the Killfeed stay on screen. This option is intended to support Hard of Vision, Hard of Hearing, and Cognitive Overload accessibility.
- The setting has 5 options:
- Off: Never show updates
- Default: Updates show for 10 seconds
- Medium: Updates show for 20 seconds
- Long: Updates show for 30 seconds
- Extended: Updates show for 60 seconds
- Note: This will not affect the duration of disconnect notifications.
- Mono Audio
- Added an option under the Audio menu to adjust the degree to which the Mono Audio is applied when enabled.
- The setting is adjusted via a slider:
- A higher value merges sounds and sends them through left and right speakers in similar proportions.
- A lower value reduces the applied effect and preserves directional sound.
- Fixed a UI issue causing the Tempered Perk to display incorrectly during Plunder matches.
- Fixed a visual issue causing the C58 (BOCW) ejection port to not open during the firing animation.
- Fixed additional collision issues with various elements across Verdansk allowing Players to exploit/peek/shoot through them.
- Fixed an issue causing a conflict between the audio of Red Doors and Supply Boxes.
- Fixed an issue causing Operator Bios and the “Set as Favorite” UI option to not appear when using a gamepad.
- Fixed an issue causing Seasonal Challenges to remain grayed-out while scrolling through the menu.
- Fixed an issue with the Krig 6 (BOCW) that would cause noticeable camera tilt while firing.
- Fixed an issue causing the Pelington 703 (BOCW) default reticle to appear misaligned.
- Fixed an issue causing the QBZ-83 (BOCW) to hitch when firing.
- Fixed an issue causing the Sniper Rifle Charlie (BOCW) default reticle to appear misaligned.
- Fixed an issue causing the TEC-9 (BOCW) hipfire reticle to not match the appropriate firing mode.
- Fixed an issue causing unintended bullet collision on the rear end of Payload Cargo Trucks.
- Fixed an issue with the firing audio on the “Turbo Powered” Bullfrog (BOCW) Blueprint.
- Fixed several issues related to the reload animations for both the Sniper Rifle Charlie (BOCW) and OTs 9 (BOCW).
- Fixed various issues that would result in Players experiencing either Dev Error 5476 or Dev Error 5573.
- Fixed various issues with Stitch’s subtitles while near Red Doors.