“Secret of the Inverted Pyramid” is the first of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker’s bonus levels, which you unlock after you’ve completed every other level or by using one of the wedding-themed amiibo from Super Mario Odyssey.
Just like the other levels, Bonus levels have three Super Gems and one Power Star (or Power Moon, in the Super Mario Odyssey-themed bonus levels). Each also has a Bonus Challenge to complete.
You can complete the Bonus Challenge while collecting the Super Gems in “Secret of the Inverted Pyramid.” Below, you’ll find a step-by-step guide to help you collect everything. You can follow along step-by-step from the beginning, or our helpful section titles and images will let you jump straight to any area you’re struggling with.
Super Gem 1
- Walk forward onto the interactive platform. Lift it up, then continue forward.
- Watch around the corner for the Bullet Bills, then run forward onto the next interactive block. Lift it up so you’re out of the way of the Bills, then grab Super Gem 1 from the platform next to you.
- Spin the camera so you’re looking at the side of the interactive block the Bills are hitting to see a doorway.
- Time your drop between Bills, drop down, run into the door, then drop the interactive block down.
- The third Pluck Patch has a turnip you can use to take out the Goomba patrolling around the corner.
- Turn around to the interactive block you rode down. Lift it up again to reveal a new door. Head through it, then drop down the shaft on the other side. The Golden Mushroom is waiting for you at the bottom — grabbing it will satisfy the Bonus Challenge.
Super Gem 2
- Ride the small interactive block back up, then return to the ice cave. There’s a narrow interactive block in the floor. Ride it up to the surface.
- Use the turnips to clear out the Goombas, then head to the stairs to the right of where you rode up — they’re in a corner next to the single Bullet Bill canon.
- Lift the interactive block at the end of the narrow walkway in front of the cannon, then follow a Bullet Bill to the end.
- Once inside, lower the block and head to the right to pick up Super Gem 2.
Super Gem 3
- Ride the block back up — watching out for the Bullet Bills — then step off onto the narrow walkway. Immediately lower the block again, climb on top, then raise it again so you don’t get hit by a Bill.
- Step onto the moving platform on the left and ride it over to the arch.
- Pull the turnip from the Pluck Patch, but DO NOT THROW IT YET.
- Step onto the platform on the left of the arch and ride this one as well — you’ll have to run back and forth to avoid the bricks.
- Step onto the next platform, then position yourself on the edge. Line up a shot and throw your turnip to pick up Super Gem 3.
- Ride the platform over to the eponymous Inverted Pyramid and throw the switch on top.
- Drop off the pyramid, then drop through the hole underneath.
- Time your run so you tuck in between a couple of the endless stream of Bullet Bills and follow them.
- At the first interactive block you come to, you can (but don’t have to) lower it once you’re inside for some coins and a breather.
- Ride the block back up and get around the corner.
- Lift the middle block to create a Bullet Bill barrier, then start working forward. Don’t touch the leftmost block — the one closest to the canon — yet. Drop the middle block, climb on top, then raise it again so you’re safe.
- Drop the middle and left block at about the same time so a Bullet Bill destroys the brick block, then ride it up and out of the way. Step off to collect your Power Moon.