“Mine Cart Cascade Crusade” is the second of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker’s bonus levels, which unlock after you’ve completed every other level (or by using one of the wedding-themed amiibo from Super Mario Odyssey).
Just like the other levels, Bonus levels have three Super Gems and one Power Star (or Power Moon, in the Super Mario Odyssey-themed bonus levels). Each also has a Bonus Challenge to complete.
It’s possible to complete this Bonus Challenge while collecting the Super Gems in “Mine Cart Cascade Crusade,” but we’ll separate it out because it’s a lot to juggle at once. Below, you’ll find and a step-by-step guide to help you collect everything. You can follow along step-by-step from the beginning, or our helpful section titles and images will let you jump straight to any area you’re struggling with.
Super Gem 1
- Hop into the turnip cart and ride along the rails for a while, collecting as many coins as you can (or want to).
- When you come to the giant triceratops skeleton in the cliff, Super Gem 1 is tucked into its nose. Shoot it with a turnip to collect it.
Super Gem 2
- You’ll cut to the right and loop around to the other side of the cliff. There are four brick walls with POW blocks in the center here.
- Shoot the POW block in the center of the fourth (and smallest one) to reveal Super Gem 2. Shoot it again to collect it.
Super Gem 3
- A couple of turns after Super Gem 2, you’ll approach a large drop that will carry you to the end of the level. On the right, there’s a series of brick walls and POW blocks.
- Hit one of the POW blocks to set off a chain reaction that will knock down the stone spire at the end. As it falls, you’ll see Super Gem 3 floating near the end.
- Shoot it with a turnip as you pass to collect it.
The Power Moon is waiting for you at the end of the tracks when the cart arrives.
There’s no real trick to completing this Bonus Challenge: You just have to collect 320 coins. That’s no small feat, but there are plenty of coins to be found.
Make sure you shoot every POW Block and stack of coins you see with turnips — particularly the POW Blocks and brick walls on the back side of the giant skeleton. Shortly after that, there’s a huge stack of coins. The cascade of POW Block walls right before the end of the track will give you another 75 or so coins. Right before you pick up the Power Moon, there are five coins hidden under a ledge below where the cart stops if you need just a little more to put you over the goal.