“Cookatiel’s Sizzling Sprint” is the fourth of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker’s bonus levels, which unlock after you’ve completed every other level (or by using one of the wedding-themed amiibo from Super Mario Odyssey).
Just like the other levels, Bonus levels have three Super Gems and one Power Star (or Power Moon, in the Super Mario Odyssey-themed bonus levels). Each also has a Bonus Challenge to complete.
It’s possible to complete this Bonus Challenge while collecting the Super Gems in “Cookatiel’s Sizzling Sprint,” but it requires a lot of practice and more than a little luck. We recommend doing them separately. Below, you’ll find a step-by-step guide to help you collect everything. You can follow along step-by-step from the beginning, or our helpful section titles and images will let you jump straight to any area you’re struggling with.
Super Gem 1
- As soon as you start the level, you’ll hit three Double Cherries. This will give you four Captain Toads to work with.
- Two of the three Super Gems in this level require you to split the party, sending at least one Toad on either side of a divider in the path.
- The first Super Gem comes right after the second turn. Use the wedge-shaped median to break your group of Toads into two groups. The group on the left has to hit the P-switch to reveal Super Gem 1 directly in front of the group on the right.
Super Gem 2
- One turn after Super Gem 1, you’ll come to a small plateau. Cookatiel will spit a bunch of spiky fruits (we’re told these are durians) at your troupe, so you’ll be swerving a lot, but try to get your Toads in the middle of the plateau when they drop onto the ramp on the far side.
- You have to get your Toads to trigger the three P-switches on the ramp down. This is a tricky proposition and will likely (definitely) take you a few tries. It’s also almost impossible to do if you’ve already lost one or two of your clones, so (try to) be patient.
- When all three switches get triggered, Super Gem 2 will appear right in front of the next divider.
Super Gem 3
- The final Super Gem is after the next turn and you’ll need to have at least two Toads to collect it.
- At the very next divider, split your party again and hit the P-switches on either side to reveal Super Gem 3.
- To grab the Power Moon you just have to get at least one Toad all the way through the racetrack. At the end, you’ll find a cannon that will deliver you to the Power Moon.
The Bonus Challenge for this level is to “simply” arrive at the end of the level with all four Toad clones. There’s no trick to pulling this off, you just have to keep your duplicates out of trouble. It’s easiest to do this when you’re not worrying about collecting Super Gems.
You can use the curves at each turn to line up the Toads by running them into the wall. This makes it a lot easier to avoid falling durians. Just don’t spend too long in the curves because the path will fall and strand you there.