“Plucky Pass Beginnings” is the first level of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker’s first episode. Every level has three Super Gems and one Power Star. Each also has a Bonus Challenge to complete.
It’s possible to complete this Bonus Challenge while collecting the Super Gems in “Plucky Pass Beginnings.” Below, you’ll find a step-by-step guide to help you collect everything. You can follow along step-by-step from the beginning, or our helpful section titles and images will let you jump straight to any area you’re struggling with.
Super Gem 1
- This first level is a useful introduction to many of the concepts you’ll be using throughout Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker.
- Head along the path and follow it around to the left. Take the immediate left and go up the ramp to collect Super Gem 1.
Super Gem 2
- At the end of the path, pull the switch to lift the block you’re standing on.
- Pull a turnip from the nearby Pluck Patches and toss it into the POW block in the middle of the brick wall.
- You’ll find Super Gem 2 behind the wall you just destroyed.
- Duck under the wooden bridge and start to climb the ladder on the far side of the level, but don’t climb all the way up until the Shy Guy’s back is turned.
- The Pluck Patch on near the edge has a turnip you to throw at the Shy Guy so he won’t harass you anymore. The other Pluck Patch has a Super Pickax.
- Use the pickax to smash the blocks in front of you and collect the Pluck Patches behind them. Before the pickax expires, drop off the platform next to the ladder and smash the brick block there.
- Head through the tunnel there to collect the Golden Mushroom and complete the Bonus Challenge.
Super Gem 3
- Loop all the way around the wooden bridge to find another switch. Pull it to lift yourself and the bridge up.
- Head over to the Toad Brigade and the Blue Toad will give you Super Gem 3.
All that’s left is to climb the bridge to collect the Power Star.
This level’s Pixel Toad is on the back side of the level next to the Golden Mushroom.