“Walleye Tumble Temple” is the second level of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker’s first episode. Every level has three Super Gems and one Power Star. Each also has a Bonus Challenge to complete.
It’s possible to complete this Bonus Challenge while collecting the Super Gems in “Walleye Tumble Temple.” Below, you’ll find a step-by-step guide to help you collect everything. You can follow along step-by-step from the beginning, or our helpful section titles and images will let you jump straight to any area you’re struggling with.
Super Gem 1 and Bonus Challenge
- The first gem you see is actually Super Gem 3. If you try to run across, the bridge will collapse out from under you and dump you in the water. There’s nothing wrong with doing this and you’ll get some coins from the moat, but it will not let you complete the Bonus Challenge. (Remember that you can always just play the level again to get the Bonus Challenge without worrying about collecting Super Gems.)
- Instead of crossing the stone bridge, turn either left or right and drop off the platform. This will keep the bridge from collapsing and complete the Bonus Challenge. In the corner on the right side, you’ll find a couple of spinning bridges.
- Walk to the center of the first bridge and wait for it to rotate once. Run off to the left to collect Super Gem 1 from behind the Walleye.
Super Gem 2
- Continue across the spinning bridges and enter the temple.
- Run along the hallway there and straight through the first rotating drum.
- There’s a hidden room on the far side where you’ll find a Pluck Patch. Pull it to collect Super Gem 2.
Super Gem 3
- Head back into the first spinning drum and exit through the door in the center.
- Spin the camera around so you can see what you’re doing, then climb the stairs.
- Spin the camera again and wait until the second drum rotates to connect the balcony you’re on to the upper hallway.
- Run through the hallway to the end where you’ll find another rotating drum.
- Wait for one of the opens to pass you and climb inside. Ride this drum up to the top of the temple.
- Use the turnips in the Pluck Patch on your left to stun the first Walleye into standing still. Run past it and collect Super Gem 3.
From the third Super Gem, run past the final Walleye and collect the Power Star.
As soon as the level starts, spin the camera around to see the back side of the temple. Watch the second rotating drum in the upper right corner. When the tunnel through it is oriented vertically on the left side, you’ll see Pixel Toad near the top.