“Touchstone Trouble” is the third level of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker’s first episode. Every level has three Super Gems and one Power Star. Each also has a Bonus Challenge to complete.
It’s not possible to complete this Bonus Challenge while collecting the Super Gems in “Touchstone Trouble,” so you’ll have to run the level two different times. Below, you’ll find a step-by-step guide to help you collect everything. You can follow along step-by-step from the beginning, or our helpful section titles and images will let you jump straight to any area you’re struggling with.
Super Gem 1
- Cross over to the pink block, then tap it to move it forward.
- Tap the blue block to move it up. This will reveal a small alcove where you can pick up Super Gem 1.
Super Gem 3
(Yes, we’re telling you to get Gem 3 first. This way just makes more sense to us because you don’t have to move the block around at all.)
- Tap the blue side again to lower it back down. Pull it up the Pluck Patch on the back side of the wall to collect a (novelty-sized) key.
- Run around the wall back to the area where you started on the blue side. There’s a ramp that leads from there down to the lower section of the pink side. Run down the ramp and use the key in the locked door there.
- Super Gem 3 is behind the locked door.
Super Gem 2
- Head back up top and cross over onto the blue block where you pulled up the key for Super Gem 3. Spin the camera around to look back at the pink side.
- Tap the pink block to move a hallway over to you. Walk inside, then tap the blue block.
- Follow the hallway that lines up into the blue block to pick up Super Gem 2.
- Get back up to the top of the blue block. Tap it to ride it up, then cross onto the pick block. Tap the pink block to slide it forward, then tap the blue block to lower the Power Star into reach.
- Run up the small (pink) ramp to collect the Power Star.
To complete this Bonus Challenge, you can only tap on the blocks a total of three times.
- Cross to the pink side and slide it forward.
- Head onto the back of the blue side (by the Pluck Patch) and slide it up.
- Cross back onto the pink side and lower the blue block again.
- Run up the ramp to collect the star. This will successfully complete the Bonus Challenge.
Without moving either block, spin the camera around to the back side and focus on the lower level. The Pixel Toad is hiding on the back side of the locked room where you collected Super Gem 3.