“Mushroom Mesa” is the fourth level of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker’s first episode. Every level has three Super Gems and one Power Star. Each also has a Bonus Challenge to complete.
It’s possible to complete this level’s Bonus Challenge while collecting the Super Gems in “Mushroom Mesa.” Below, you’ll find a step-by-step guide to help you collect everything. You can follow along step-by-step from the beginning, or our helpful section titles and images will let you jump straight to any area you’re struggling with.
Super Gem 1
- From the level’s start, run down the ramp and past the first Flaptor. Head around the corner and go through the second doorway under the central area of the mesa.
- Turn right and head to the end of the hall to find Super Gem 1.
Super Gem 2
- Get back out from the hallway and run down to the ramp to the moveable block in the corner. Run inside it, then tap it to raise it up.
- On the next level up, there are two Pluck Patches with turnips. Use these turnips to take out the Shy Guys patrolling around the mushroom statue in the center.
- When the second Shy Guy is disposed of, Super Gem 2 will appear in the back corner.
Super Gem 3
- From where you picked up Super Gem 2, climb down the ladder.
- Lower the first block and step inside the hole that reveals. Raise this block back up.
- Lower the second block and cross over it.
- Raise the third block to reveal another tunnel to step into.
- Once inside, lower the third block. This will take you down to a hidden chamber where you can pick up Super Gem 3.
- Backtrack along the same path until you’re standing on top of the second block again.
- Lower the third block so you can drop onto the top.
- Raise it, then run up the ramp to collect the Power Star.
To complete this Bonus Challenge, you’ll need to take out all four enemies on this level.
- Run past the first Flaptor — you’ll come back for it.
- Use the two turnips to take out the Shy Guys — this is the way to reveal Super Gem 2.
- There’s another pair of turnips in the corner of the area the Shy Guys were patrolling. Use one of these to take out that first Flaptor.
- The final enemy, another Flaptor, is above the interactive blocks right before the end of the level.
- The first Pluck Patch on the left is another turnip. Grab it, then trick the Flaptor into dropping to the ground — watch its shadow to know when you’ll trigger its attack.
- When it hits the ground, toss your turnip at it.
You’ll have to proceed a little way into the level to find this Pixel Toad. Go around the first corner and into the second doorway again — just like you did for the Super Gem 1. Turn left instead and head down the ramp. Collect the pile of coins you find there to spot Pixel Toad hiding behind them.