“Double Cherry Palace” is the fifth level of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker’s first episode. Every level has three Super Gems and one Power Star. Each also has a Bonus Challenge to complete.
It’s possible to complete this level’s Bonus Challenge while collecting the Super Gems in “Double Cherry Palace.” Below, you’ll find a step-by-step guide to help you collect everything. You can follow along step-by-step from the beginning, or our helpful section titles and images will let you jump straight to any area you’re struggling with.
Super Gem 1
- Grab the Double Cherry, then maneuver your Toads onto the two P-switches. Drop into the hedge maze and start making your way through.
- On the far side of the maze, there will be a moving Pluck Patch with a mole underneath it. Catch the mole with either of your Toad clones and it will give you Super Gem 1.
Super Gem 2
- Use your Toads to trigger the two yellow P-switches in the maze. This will let you into the back side of the palace.
- Run your Toads back and forth to hit the blue P-switches until the one on the left is on the third level down.
- Head through the doorway there to find Super Gem 2.
Super Gem 3
- On the fourth floor down (still on the back side of the palace), both Toads will be able to get out onto large balconies.
- There’s another moving Pluck Patch (and mole) bouncing back and forth between the two balconies.
- Catch it with either Toad to get Super Gem 3.
- After you pick up Super Gem 3, head back to the back side of the palace. Hit the rest of the P-switches and drop the rest of the way down to the bottom.
- Get your Toads to hit both of the red P-switches at the same time to get rid of the wall between them.
- Move both Toad clones over to the right side and out onto the final balcony/walkway.
- Run both Toads all the way to the end and onto the elevator. (The ‘2’ on the elevator just tells you how many Toad clones you need to activate the elevator.)
The Bonus Challenge for this level is to collect 70 coins. Just pick every Pluck Patch in the maze and don’t miss any of the coins on the back side. That will earn you enough coins to complete the Bonus Challenge.
You’ll have to get most of the way through this level before you can spot Pixel Toad. Get through the maze and all the way to the bottom of the back side of the palace. You’ll spot him jumping back and forth in front of the first window right before you get to the elevator at the end.