“Shy Guy Heights” is the sixth level of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker’s first episode. Every level has three Super Gems and one Power Star. Each also has a Bonus Challenge to complete.
It’s possible to complete this level’s Bonus Challenge while collecting the Super Gems in “Shy Guy Heights.” Below, you’ll find a step-by-step guide to help you collect everything. You can follow along step-by-step from the beginning, or our helpful section titles and images will let you jump straight to any area you’re struggling with.
Super Gem 1
- From the start of the maze, head toward the back and start to climb up the ladder you find there. Wait for the Shy Guy to go past, then run past him (and the Shy Guy topiary) back to the “bottom” of the maze.
- Climb up the taller ladder on your left and cross over both arbors as you head to the right.
- Once you’re all the way across, drop down and collect Super Gem 1.
Super Gem 2
- Use the ladder on the far right side of the maze to climb on top of the hedges and make your way around to the Spinwheel.
- Spin it until the walkway between the maze and the buildings has rotated 180 degrees.
- Cross the bridge and either drop on top of the Shy Guy patrolling there or pluck one of the turnips and hit him.
- Go around to the back side of the first building and look for the Pluck Patches along the back wall.
- Pull the one standing by itself to pick up a Super Pickax.
- Use the pickax to smash through the brick blocks on the back of the building.
- Inside, you’ll find Blue Toad who will give you Super Gem 2.
Super Gem 3
- Cross over to the backyard of the other building. Climb up the first ladder and follow the Shy Guy around to the front (or you can use the nearby Pluck Patch to find a turnip to take him out with).
- Spin the camera around so you can see the front of the house to find Super Gem 3 in a small alcove.
- Climb the last ladder up to the roof and sneak between the Shy Guys patrolling there. You can use the two turnips from the Pluck Patch to take them out.
- Grab the Power Star from the center of the roof.
The Bonus Challenge for this level is to avoid being spotted by any Shy Guys — getting spotted by the Flaptors is okay, though. Just watch the Shy Guys for their patterns and take your time as you make your way through the level. There are Pluck Patches with turnips near most of the Shy Guys, so use those to take them out — they can’t spot you after you’ve hit them with turnips.
This level’s Pixel Toad is in the opposite corner of the level from where you start. Get through the hedge maze, across the bridge, and into the back yard of the first building. Spin the camera around until you can see the small bush in the very corner. Pixel Toad will be dancing on top of it.