“Mine Cart Tunnel Throwdown” is the eighth level of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker’s first episode. Every level has three Super Gems and one Power Star. Each also has a Bonus Challenge to complete.
It’s possible to complete this level’s Bonus Challenge while collecting the Super Gems in “Mine Cart Tunnel Throwdown,” but it’s a very difficult to manage. It’s better to complete it once for the gems and star, then go back to get the bonus. Below, you’ll find a step-by-step guide to help you collect everything. You can follow along step-by-step from the beginning, or our helpful section titles and images will let you jump straight to any area you’re struggling with.
Super Gem 1
- The first gem is directly behind you when you jump into the turnip cart.
- Spin around and fire turnips until you collect Super Gem 1.
Super Gem 2
- Watch on the left side of the track for a brick block bunker with a POW block on the front.
- Hit the POW block to destroy the bricks, then keep firing turnips to collect Super Gem 2.
Super Gem 3
- The final gem is just past Super Gem 2, also on the left.
- You’ll have to get past the Para-biddybuds to shoot the gem, so aim for the POW block in the middle to take them all out at once.
- Keep firing until you collect Super Gem 3.
The Power Star is waiting for you at the end of the mine cart track.
You have to defeat (read: shoot with turnips) every Para-biddybud in the level to complete this Bonus Challenge. Use the POW blocks whenever you can.
You don’t even have to move to find this Pixel Toad. Spin the camera around to look at Captain Toad’s back. Pixel Toad is on the pillar off to the right — where you found Super Gem 1.