“Briny Bowl Swimming Hole” is the twelfth level of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker’s first episode. Every level has three Super Gems and one Power Star. Each also has a Bonus Challenge to complete.
It’s possible to complete this level’s Bonus Challenge while collecting the Super Gems in “Briny Bowl Swimming Hole.” Below, you’ll find a step-by-step guide to help you collect everything. You can follow along step-by-step from the beginning, or our helpful section titles and images will let you jump straight to any area you’re struggling with.
Super Gem 1
- You can either use the yellow pipe or just walk down the hill toward the blue pipe.
- There are three Pluck Patches in front of the blue pipe. The first two have coins and the third has Super Gem 1. Just watch out for the Cheep Cheeps patrolling nearby.
Super Gem 2
- Use the blue pipe to get back up top. Dodge the Flaptors and climb up onto the stairs. When you drop onto the platform, the stairs will sink to the bottom. These will be important for Super Gem 3 in a minute.
- Continue forward and drop into the water in the center of the three platforms. You’ll land on a large crate with a switch on top.
- Pull the switch and ride the crate to the surface of the water. You’ll come up right next to Super Gem 2.
Super Gem 3
- Drop back into the water and walk around the the stairs you knocked down above.
- Go up the steps to the platform and pick up Super Gem 3.
Golden Mushroom and Bonus Challenge
To complete this level’s bonus challenge, you have to find a hidden Golden Mushroom. To find it, make sure your headlamp is on (with the Y button).
- After you lift the long crate to collect Super Gem 2 above and return below the water for Super Gem 3, head over to the ocean floor where the crate was.
- You should find a translucent Pluck Patch where you’ll find the Golden Mushroom.
- From the ocean floor, use the red pipe to get back to the topside. Walk straight forward from the pipe and into the water (again).
- You’ll land on another crate with another switch.
- Pull this switch, ride the crate up, then drop back into the water.
- Moving this crate will reveal a green pipe that will take you straight to the Power Star.
To find this level’s Pixel Toad, you’ll have to go through the steps above until you raise the large crate in the middle of the water. You’ll find the Pixel Toad on the side of the crate.