“Bizarre Doors of Boo Mansion” is the 16th level of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker’s first episode. Every level has three Super Gems and one Power Star. Each also has a Bonus Challenge to complete.
It’s not possible to complete this level’s Bonus Challenge while collecting the Super Gems in “Bizarre Doors of Boo Mansion,” so it will require two runs. If you find yourself struggling, just do it twice. Below, you’ll find a step-by-step guide to help you collect everything. You can follow along step-by-step from the beginning, or our helpful section titles and images will let you jump straight to any area you’re struggling with.
Super Gem 1
- As soon as the level starts, run to the right side of the front door. Use the pillars to block yourself from the Goomba’s view.
- If you want, dash past the Goomba and through the front door. This will take you up above and you can drop down onto the Goomba’s head (Er, body? Cephalothorax?).
- Pull the Pluck Patch behind the right pillar to find Super Gem 1.
Super Gem 2
- Tap on the block above the front door to slide it to the left. Go through the front door and, when you get to balcony, slide the block back over the door.
- Continue around to the back of the house. You’ll drop to the ground before you can get the next gem.
- Tap on the top right and bottom left blocks to move them over. Go through the bottom left doorway to claim Super Gem 2.
Super Gem 3
- Still on the back of the house, tap on the upper left block to push it backward, then go through the bottom right door (the one on the house itself).
- Drop off the block to the side and continue around to the side of the house.
- Dodge the two Boos in the corner around the tree, then tap on the block on the third floor to slide it to the left.
- Lure the stack of Goombas to the corner, then go through the door on the ground floor. It’ll drop you out right over Super Gem 3 and the stack of Goombas.
- Slide the block on the third floor back to the right, then go through the door on the ground floor on the front of the house.
- Run all the way around the house to find another door. Head through that one to get to the roof.
- A pair of Big Boos will appear when you try to cross the roof. Just use one of the four doorways to avoid them or use your headlamp to kill them. Then you can grab the Power Star.
To complete this level’s Bonus Challenge, you can only move four of the blocks.
- Move the block over the front door to the left, go through the front door, then move the block back.
- Around the back of the house, tap on the two blocks on the left. Go through the bottom right door on the ground floor then continue past the Goomba stack all the way back around to the front of the house.
- Go through the door on the ground floor, then keep repeat the same steps as above to collect the Power Star.
You can only find this level’s Pixel Toad once you get around to the back of the house. You’ll find him jumping around in the windows on the upper floor.