“Blizzard on the Star Express” is the 17th level of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker’s first episode. Every level has three Super Gems and one Power Star. Each also has a Bonus Challenge to complete.
It’s possible to complete this level’s Bonus Challenge while collecting the Super Gems in “Blizzard on the Star Express.” If you find yourself struggling, just do it twice. Below, you’ll find a step-by-step guide to help you collect everything. You can follow along step-by-step from the beginning, or our helpful section titles and images will let you jump straight to any area you’re struggling with.
Super Gem 1
- The first gem is just a little ahead of you on the train’s roof when the level starts.
- Spin the camera around to the left side of the train and look into the forwardmost crate to find Super Gem 1.
1-Up Mushroom and Bonus Challenge
- Keep making your way forward on the train past the Biddybuds, Shy Guys, and Flaptors.
- Loop around the front of the train and into the engine.
- Tap the screen to pull the cord over Blue Toad’s head. A 1-Up Mushroom will pop out of the smokestack. Run out to catch it to complete this level’s Bonus Challenge.
Super Gem 2
- Continue into the second train car back. Watch the Shy Guy inside, then follow him into the hallway and duck into the first room on the right.
- Pass through the room and up the ladder outside. Run back along the roof and drop onto the blue Shy Guy.
- Step into the second room, then turn to the right. You’ll find Super Gem 2.
Super Gem 3
- Tap the Touchstone block to get out of the bedroom, then continue back into the next train.
- You have to use the Touchstone blocks to get you all the way to the back of the car. Start by moving the L-shaped block to the side, walking past it, then moving the L-shaped block back.
- Backtrack to the ladder, climb it, and move the small block.
- Walk out onto the L-shaped block and start toward the back of the car. Tap the next three blocks to clear your path to the back of the train.
- Move the long block closest to the brick block wall again, then tap on all of the brick blocks to destroy them.
- That will reveal Super Gem 3.
- Get past the Biddybuds in the next room. The second Pluck Patch has a Super Pickax you can use to take them all out.
- Head to the very back of the train to claim the Power Star.
This level’s Pixel Toad is standing right on the tip of the train’s cowcatcher.