“Mine Cart Sunset Rundown” is the third level of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker’s second episode. Every level has three Super Gems and one Power Star. Each also has a Bonus Challenge to complete.
It’s possible to complete this level’s Bonus Challenge while collecting the Super Gems in “Mine Cart Sunset Rundown,” but it’s much easier to worry about the Super Gems and Bonus Challenge in two different runs. Below, you’ll find a step-by-step guide to help you collect everything. You can follow along step-by-step from the beginning, or our helpful section titles and images will let you jump straight to any area you’re struggling with.
This level’s Bonus Challenge is to collect 140 coins. There’s a 10-coin pluck patch before you even hop into the mine cart and several piles of coins along the track. It’s a daunting task to collect enough coins while also picking up the Super Gems, so don’t worry too much about doing everything at once.
Super Gem 1
- You’ll be able to see the first Super Gem from the very start of the level, but you won’t be able to get at it yet.
- Hop into the mine cart and start firing turnips at any coins you can spot.
- You’ll loop nearly all the way around the level and past some Piranha Plants. Then you’ll get your shot on Super Gem 1.
Super Gem 2
- Ride your cart for another three turns, continuing to shoot anything that catches your attention.
- Super Gem 2 is under an outcropping just to the right of the tracks.
Super Gem 3
- After some downhills and a few more turns, the tracks will lead back under the ground. Watch on the right side of the tracks for a brick block wall with a POW block in the center.
- Shoot the POW block to destroy the wall, then keep firing to collect Super Gem 3.
- Ride the cart the rest of the way to the end.
- The Power Star will be waiting for you after you jump out of the cart.
This level’s Pixel Toad is at the far end of the level. Hop into the cart and ride it all the way to the end. When you jump out of the car, spin the camera around to look at Toadette’s right side. Pixel Toad will be on the wall below and behind her.