“Sinister Street Signs” is the fourth level of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker’s second episode. Every level has three Super Gems and one Power Star. Each also has a Bonus Challenge to complete.
It’s possible to complete this level’s Bonus Challenge while collecting the Super Gems in “Sinister Street Signs,” and it actually makes the level easier to complete. Below, you’ll find a step-by-step guide to help you collect everything. You can follow along step-by-step from the beginning, or our helpful section titles and images will let you jump straight to any area you’re struggling with.
Super Gem 2
- There are invisible walkways across the top of this level. The floating signs will generally guide you. The better approach is to just go slow and watch the glowing area around your feet.
- From the center of the starting tower, walk forward until you can spot a walkway that branches off to the right.
- Follow that walkway as it turns left, then drop into the hole in the next tower.
- You’ll land on a hidden P-switch that will raise up a cage containing Super Gem 2.
Super Gem 1
- Backtrack to the main invisible walkway. Follow it straight from where the level started to the first sign.
- Turn left at the sign and walk forward to grab Super Gem 1.
For the next Super Gem, you’ll need to lure the Chargin’ Chucks into smashing some brick blocks for you. While you’re doing that, though, you’ll be swarmed by Mud Troopers. You can use the Chucks to attack the Mud Troopers as well. Use them to take out all of the Mud Troopers to complete this level’s Bonus Challenge. (You could also just drop onto the Mud Troopers’ from one of the towers one by one, but that would take a long time.)
Super Gem 3
- Drop down to the ground. There are two Chargin’ Chucks to watch out for, but you only need one for your purposes, so aim to land on the head of one of them. When you hit the ground, you’ll also be swarmed by Mud Troopers.
- Avoid all of them and make your way over to the brick blocks. Lure one of the Chucks into destroying the bricks until you can see Super Gem 3.
- Head over to the blue pipe and use it to get back up to the tower where you started the level.
- Step back onto the invisible walkway and take the first left you come to. Drop off of the P-switch, then head back to the blue pipe again.
- Get onto the invisible walkway again and take the first left again. Follow the walkway around and into the newly opened doorway on the side of the tower.
- Drop down to find the Power Star.
As soon as the level starts, spin the camera around to face Toadette. On the back side of the other tower, look for a poster. Tap to poster to knock it free and you’ll find Pixel Toad underneath.