“Drift-Along Canyon” is the sixth level of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker’s second episode. Every level has three Super Gems and one Power Star. Each also has a Bonus Challenge to complete.
It’s possible to complete this level’s Bonus Challenge while collecting the Super Gems in “Drift-Along Canyon,” but it’s very difficult and will take some practice. It’s better to just get the gems, then worry about the Bonus Challenge on another run. Below, you’ll find a step-by-step guide to help you collect everything. You can follow along step-by-step from the beginning, or our helpful section titles and images will let you jump straight to any area you’re struggling with.
Super Gem 1
- Hop onto the raft and use the infinite turnip Pluck Patches to fight your way past the Hammer Bros.
- Make sure to hit the POW blocks on the left side when you get to them (this is an easy way to take out the second Hammer Bro).
- Step off of the raft and onto the landing where the POW blocks were.
- Step into the tunnel, then go up stairs to find Super Gem 1.
Super Gem 2
- Continue through the tunnel, then get over to the corner. Pull the switch you find there to lift yourself up to the next doorway.
- Go into the next tunnel and past the brick block wall and POW blocks.
- Just around the corner, you’ll find a Pluck Patch with a turnip.
- Carry the turnip back into the tunnel and hit one of the POW blocks to destroy the wall.
- Go through the tunnel you just opened and pull the switch you come to on the other side.
- Turn around and catch the moving Pluck Patch to get Super Gem 2.
Super Gem 3
- Step onto the second raft to start it moving.
- Use the turnips to defend yourself from the Bullet Bills as you float along.
- Hit the POW block in the pile of brick blocks on the left side to expose Super Gem 3. Throw another turnip to collect it.
- When the raft stops, climb the two ladders up to the final switch. Pull it to lift some stairs that will lead you to the Power Star.
You have to get about halfway through the level before you can find this level’s Pixel Toad. When you step onto the second raft and it starts to move, look at the wall right where the raft was. You’ll find Pixel Toad right there.