“Spooky Specters at Shadow Manor” is the eighth level of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker’s second episode. Every level has three Super Gems and one Power Star. Each also has a Bonus Challenge to complete.
It’s possible to complete this level’s Bonus Challenge while collecting the Super Gems in “Spooky Specters at Shadow Manor.” Below, you’ll find guide to help you collect everything. You can follow along step-by-step from the beginning, or our helpful section titles and images will let you jump straight to any area you’re struggling with.
This level’s Bonus Challenge is to collect a 1-Up Mushroom from Blue Toad. He’s very close to the beginning of the level, but you won’t be able to see him in the dark. Make sure your headlamp is on to deal with any Boos that pop up and make your way to the front corner to the left of where you start the level. You’ll find Blue Toad in the corner.
Super Gem 1
- From the start of the level, follow the wall on your right until you come to a doorway.
- Go through, then climb the ladder just a little farther down the hall.
- At the top of the ladder, turn left and run all the way to the end of the narrow walkway to find Super Gem 1.
Super Gem 2
- From Super Gem 1, walk about halfway back to the ladder. Drop off the wall onto the ledge there.
- Follow the narrow walkway back toward the back of the mansion. You’ll go into a hallway where you can find Super Gem 2 at the end.
Super Gem 3
- Head back and climb the tall yellow ladder to the top of the level.
- Turn the Spinwheel until the gem is across from you. Walk along the narrow ledge back to pick it up.
- As you pass the center of the rotating walkways, two Big Boos will appear. Just keep walking forward to grab Super Gem 3, then turn around to catch both Boos with your headlamp.
- From Super Gem 3, start back toward the Spinwheel. About halfway along the narrow walkway, there will be a branch on your left.
- Take that and it will drop you right next to the Power Star.
You won’t be able to see this level’s Pixel Toad until you make it to the very end of the level. Stand facing the Power Star, then turn to the right. Work your way over to the edge of the platform and use your headlamp to illuminate the wall ahead of you. You’ll find Pixel Toad near the top of the wall.