“Spinwheel Cog Ruins” is the 10th level of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker’s second episode. Every level has three Super Gems and one Power Star. Each also has a Bonus Challenge to complete.
It’s possible to complete this level’s Bonus Challenge while collecting the Super Gems in “Spinwheel Cog Ruins.” Below, you’ll find a step-by-step guide to help you collect everything. You can follow along step-by-step from the beginning, or our helpful section titles and images will let you jump straight to any area you’re struggling with.
Super Gem 1
- When the level starts, walk forward and use the first Spinwheel to rotate the two red cogs counterclockwise once. This should create a path you can walk across.
- Walk across the first red cog, then turn onto the orange cog from the second one.
- Cross the orange cog to the back of the level where you’ll find Super Gem 1.
Super Gem 2
- Head back to the front of the level and continue across the red cogs.
- Dodge past the Walleye there to get to the second Spinwheel.
- Turn the Spinwheel until Super Gem 2 appears on the first orange cog.
- Get back across the red cogs to pick it up.
- Cross from Super Gem 2 to the back side of the level. Drop off of the blue cog to the ground below (or use the ladder).
- In the back right corner, there’s a tunnel that leads out to the edge of the level.
- Make sure your headlamp is on, then get to the end of the tunnel. You’ll find an invisible Pluck Patch there with a Golden Mushroom. Collecting it will complete the Bonus Challenge for this level.
Super Gem 3
- From the Golden Mushroom, head back out of the tunnel and climb up the ladder to the third Spinwheel.
- Turn the blue cogs so the one on the left (closer to the three Walleyes) is flat across the top.
- Get past the one Walleye next to you and loop around the red and orange cogs to get on top of the right blue cog.
- Drop off to the left and cross the blue cogs. Dodge past the three Walleyes and take the purple pipe to the bottom of the level.
- Approach the Blue Toad there to collect Super Gem 3.
- Go back through the purple pipe and dodge past the first two Walleyes.
- There’s a ladder there that will take you straight up to the Power Star.
Go through the steps above until you get to the purple pipe. On the bottom of the level, spin the camera until you can see the far side of the level. You’ll spot this level’s Pixel Toad on the bottom of the level.