“Windup Stairs” is the 11th level of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker’s second episode. Every level has three Super Gems and one Power Star. Each also has a Bonus Challenge to complete.
It’s possible to complete this level’s Bonus Challenge while collecting the Super Gems in “Windup Stairs.” Below, you’ll find a guide to help you collect everything. You can follow along step-by-step from the beginning, or our helpful section titles and images will let you jump straight to any area you’re struggling with.
Super Gem 1
- Cross the front of the level, watching out for the spiked log that the Spike above rolls at you.
- Cross onto the moving section on the far side, then go down the ramp.
- Go through the first door and through the short hallway to grab Super Gem 1.
Super Gem 2
- Head back to the front edge of the moving section and ride it up.
- Step off of the moving section, but don’t cross the level. Wait for the moving section to drop back down, then step onto the moving section again.
- Head into the doorway next to you, then wait for the moving section to get to its lowest point again.
- Cross through the hallway that lines up there to find Super Gem 2 on the other side.
Super Gem 3
- Go back through the hallway from Super Gem 2, then step out and onto the main section of the level.
- Cross the front of the level again (still watching out for Spike’s logs).
- Step through the gap in the railing onto the small moving section. Use the moving section to step your way down and collect Super Gem 3.
- Step your way back up to the main section of the level and cross back over to the larger moving portion. Get around to the back and cross back across the level.
- Use the ramp to climb up and run past Spike.
- In the small gap between the moving section and the room with the Power Star, use your headlamp to look for an invisible Pluck Patch.
- Pull it to find a Golden Mushroom and complete this level’s Bonus Challenge.
- Use the moving section one more time to get up above Spike.
- Drop onto his head, then duck into the room to claim the Power Star.
Cross the front of the level and watch through the doorways of the moving section. You’ll spot this level’s Pixel Toad in the upper right doorway.