“Up ‘n’ Down Terrace” is the 12th level of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker’s second episode. Every level has three Super Gems and one Power Star. Each also has a Bonus Challenge to complete.
It’s possible to complete this level’s Bonus Challenge while collecting the Super Gems in “Up ‘n’ Down Terrace.” Below, you’ll find a guide to help you collect everything. You can follow along step-by-step from the beginning, or our helpful section titles and images will let you jump straight to any area you’re struggling with.
Super Gem 1
- When the level starts, turn around and drop off of the back of the central tower.
- Dodge the Piranha Sprout (or pluck him) and loop around to the back side of the level for Super Gem 1.
Super Gem 2
- Climb the ladder next to Super Gem 1, but do not pull up the Piranha Sprout yet. Just dodge him and pick up Super Gem 2.
Super Gem 3
- Pluck the Piranha Sprout next to Super Gem 2, then hit the P-switch on the hedge behind it. This will raise the white trellis.
- Cross the trellis, then turn to face the front of the level. Toss the Sprout to collect Super Gem 3.
Bonus Challenge and Power Star
The Bonus Challenge for this level requires you to complete it by only hitting three switches. Our instructions below will let you finish the level with only two more switches on the way to the Power Star and earn the Bonus Challenge.
- Cross back over the white trellis and drop to the ground on the other side of the hedge.
- Go all the way to the front corner of the level and hit the P-switch there to raise the brown trellises (trelli?).
- Climb the ladder next to the switch, then cross the entire front of the level on top of the hedges. You can take out any Piranha Sprouts you pass, or just avoid them.
- Step on the P-switch on the far side of the hedges to lift the white trellises again and open the door for the Power Star.
- Drop between the two white trellises in front of the central tower, then go inside to collect the Power Star.
When the level starts, Pixel Toad is in the back right corner. Drop off the central tower down the back side like you did above. Loop around the hedges and climb the ladder. Drop down to the ground ahead of the ladder and cross the P-switch on your way to the corner. The Pixel Toad is under the white trellis right next to you.