“Midnight in the Wandering Woods” is the 12th level of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker’s second episode. Every level has three Super Gems and one Power Star. Each also has a Bonus Challenge to complete.
It’s possible to complete this level’s Bonus Challenge while collecting the Super Gems in “Midnight in the Wandering Woods.” Below, you’ll find a guide to help you collect everything. You can follow along step-by-step from the beginning, or our helpful section titles and images will let you jump straight to any area you’re struggling with.
Super Gem 1
- Walk forward and duck into the gap on the right to avoid the Stumpers, then continue to the ladder straight back.
- Climb the ladder and ride on top of the next pair of Stumpers to collect Super Gem 1.
Super Gem 2
This gem is more complicated to get to than most, so we’re breaking it into two parts.
- Drop off of the platform where you picked up Super Gem 1 behind the nearby pair of Stumpers. Head up the ramp ahead of you.
- Ride on top of the first pair of Stumpers to cross the gap you hid in earlier.
- Pull the Pluck Patch on the other side to find a key.
- Go all the way back to the fence behind the second pair of Stumpers — over by where you picked up Super Gem 1.
- Face the fence, and toss the key over it.
- Turn around and climb the ladder again. Ride the Stumper over to the fence and drop over to the other side.
- Quickly run over and pick up the key — if you wait too long, it will disappear and you’ll have to do all these steps again.
- Continue past the ring of Peepas to the locked door.
- Inside, use the Stumpers to cross the pit and use the purple pipe on the other side to get to the bottom of the level.
- Catch the moving Pluck Patches to find Super Gem 2.
Golden Mushroom and Bonus Challenge
- Go back through the purple pipe to get to the top side of the level again.
- Climb the ladder between the Stumpers, then run up the ramp on the right.
- Step on top of the Stumpers, then transfer to the other Stumpers when they come together.
- All the way to the left, step off on the rocks. There’s an invisible Pluck Patch there with a Golden Mushroom. Collecting it will complete this level’s Bonus Challenge.
Super Gem 3
- Continue back around the fence to the area patrolled by three sets of Stumpers.
- Dodge them as you head to the right and get under the stone overhang there.
- Wait for them to pass you, then run around to the front side of the overhang.
- Cross all the way across the front of the level, past the sets of Stumpers, to find Super Gem 3 in an alcove.
- From Super Gem 3, head back to the left across the level. Climb the ladder to the top of the overhang you hid under earlier.
- Cross over the tops of all three sets of Stumpers to get to the Power Star.
When the level starts, spin the camera so you can see the purple pipe you took down to Super Gem 2. You’ll find this level’s Pixel Toad behind the Stumpers.