“Spinwheel Sky Fort” is the 17th level of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker’s second episode. Every level has three Super Gems and one Power Star. Each also has a Bonus Challenge to complete.
It’s possible to complete this level’s Bonus Challenge while collecting the Super Gems in “Spinwheel Sky Fort.” Below, you’ll find a guide to help you collect everything. You can follow along step-by-step from the beginning, or our helpful section titles and images will let you jump straight to any area you’re struggling with.
Super Gem 1
- When the level starts, follow the green side around to the back. You’ll have to watch out for the Bull’s-Eye Bill coming from the orange side, but there are plenty of things to duck behind.
- Go past the Spinwheel and continue to the corner.
- Duck behind a POW block to lure the Bull’s-Eye Bill into hitting it — you’ll be safe there.
- Once the bricks are destroyed, grab Super Gem 1, then run back to the Spinwheel for cover.
Super Gem 2
- Turn the Spinwheel twice clockwise until the orange side is a complete U-shape with two Piranha Plants close to you.
- Dodge the plants or take them out with the nearby turnips, then make your way along the side. You’ll have to avoid a regular Bullet Bill, but you’ve got cover here.
- Continue past the cannon and to the next Spinwheel. Turn it twice until the next Super Gem comes into view.
- Dodge past the two Bullet Bills to collect Super Gem 2.
Super Gem 3
- Spin the green side once counterclockwise — there will be four Pluck Patches visible.
- Head along the narrow walkway along the inside edge, watching out for the pair of Bullet Bills coming at you.
- Get around to the other side, then sprint past the cannons — duck to the left first, then cross in front of them.
- Get to the orange side’s Spinwheel, then spin it twice counterclockwise. The Power Star will be visible on your side.
- Backtrack all the way around the level — you’ll have to watch out for a Bull’s-Eye Bill again, but there are a few places you’ll be protected.
- Run past the back side of the Bull’s-Eye Bill cannon, then pull the Pluck Patch to pick up Super Gem 3.
- Loop all the way back around to the orange Spinwheel. Turn it once clockwise — the orange side won’t actually connect to the platform you’re on.
- Go all the way back around again and weave past the three Piranha Plants to collect the Power Star.
To earn the Bonus Challenge for this level, you have to complete it without taking any damage. It’s difficult, but possible if you take your time and make sure you have cover from that Bull’s-Eye Bill.
You don’t technically have to move to find this level’s Pixel Toad, but it’s much easier to spot if you loop all the way around the level to the green side’s Spinwheel. The Pixel Toad is running back and forth in the lights right next to the Spinwheel.